cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ERP Ready" setting missing from ROG Strix X570 E-Gaming BIOS version 2602?

Gigaflux
Level 7
Let me start off by saying that this BIOS version (2602) has seemingly disappeared from the Asus website today! (8/12/2020). It was there yesterday, and I still have it downloaded on my computer. Right now, the latest listed version for X570 E-gaming is 2408. Maybe something is wrong...

Anyway, I was on BIOS version 1201 and I decide to update to 2602 to try and fix an issue with Sleep on Windows. Everything went fine, except now there is no "ERP Ready" setting in BIOS! Does anyone know why it was removed?

This setting was useful for making all LEDs turn off after shutdown. Now my motherboard lights turn red and remain ON after shutdown. Also, the two really bright power LEDs on my ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super remain ON after shutdown. Also, if I power off then power on my PSU, without booting anything, all of my USB ports decide to power on.

Please note that all of my regular RGB turns off. I have Aura BIOS settings and Aura Sync settings configured properly. I have power delivery in S5 state set to disabled. Does anyone have another setting for me to try?

I've been attempting to downgrade my BIOS to old versions (2408, 1405, 1404, 1201) through EzFlash, but it is not working. "Selected file is not a proper BIOS!" There's a note on BIOS 1404 that says "You will not be able to downgrade your BIOS after updating to this BIOS version". I figured I would at least be able to downgrade to versions after 1404 then?

I've been talking to Asus support, but I haven't made any progress in fixing the LED settings or getting my BIOS to downgrade. They also haven't acknowledged the lack of the ERP Ready setting or why it was removed.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I searched the forums for similar posts and didn't really find anything, but sorry if this is somehow a duplicate.

Hardware: ROG Strix X570 E-gaming, ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3600MHz, Corsair RMx 750 W 80+ Gold
Software: BIOS version 2602, latest Windows Updates, latest AMD x570 Chipset drivers, latest NVIDIA drivers

TLDR:
1. ERP Ready setting missing from BIOS 2606 for X570 E-gaming
2. Certain LEDs on Mobo and GPU will not turn off after shutdown
3 Unable to downgrade BIOS through any method
22 REPLIES 22

Dan69 wrote:
Where did you get BIOS 2602? It's not in the list here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming/HelpDesk_BIOS/

2407 seems to be latest...

Because they took it down for some reason.

Erwin05
Level 10
The ERP setting shows in my Bios 2802.

Edit new pic.

Erwin05 wrote:
The ERP setting shows in my Bios 2802.

What the heck? Any clue why it isnt showing for me? I cleared CMOS, hoping it was a weird bug, but nothing changed. Maybe one of my BIOS settings disables it? (But I dont see it even when I load optimized defaults)

Maybe its my PSU? But I used to have the ERP Ready setting back on BIOS version 1405

erp ready is missing over here with 2802

Not for me, i have it in latest BIOS ( i always had it in all BIOSes), thought its disabled, i never used

Missing in 2606, now i have updatet to 2802:

...and it's missing here too.

Cleared CMOS after updating but nothing seems to change.

I noticed that after the update "Saved profiles" from older BIOS are still present, i think that's not wanted (loading a preset from an older BIOS version is probably a bad idea) and likely related to this bug.

Is there no way to have a CLEAN installation of a new BIOS?

Sry if my english sucks 😛

Oof. Good to know I'm not alone.

I tried clearing CMOS before and after installation. First tried installing via ez flash. Then tried reinstalling with BIOS flashback to see if anything would change. No luck.

I have the same problem. I'm currently on BIOS Version 3001. I've been updating my BIOS hoping that the ERP issue would be fix. But still missing.
ASUS does have a new BIOS available "Version 3201 Beta Version".

Anyone able to get ERP back?

Thanks.

The ErP setting has been available for me across all bios versions.
What PSU are you guys using?

Dan69 wrote:
The ErP setting has been available for me across all bios versions.
What PSU are you guys using?

Im using bios ver. 3202 and psu seasonic px 850 platinum but it doesnt show erp in my bios..