cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Question regarding 1usmus ryzen power plan on x470.

JohnEJohn
Level 7
Hi,

I'm using a crosshair vii hero, just updated the bios to the latest official 1.0.0.4B.

Installed and enabled his power plan, used universal as I have the latest win 10 build.

In the power plan description it states:


  • Global C-state Control = Enabled
  • Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle
  • CPPC = Enabled
  • CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled
  • AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled
  • PPC Adjustment = PState 0
  • I also recommend disabling PBO, which activates Precision Boost 2.0 for clock management. This ensures only temperature and FIT play a role for clock speeds.


Now, I have enabled Global C-State control and both CPPC options as well as disabling PBO but I cannot find the other options, have I somehow missed them, are they named something else or do they not exist?

Would appreciate a hand, thanks.
604 Views
5 REPLIES 5

RNG_AGESA
Level 9
Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle
> PSU depending, CPU Core Voltage goes below 0.8V down to 0.185 (HWiNFO)
AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled
> enabled by default

1usmus Ryzen Universal power profile might be better... 🙂

RNG_AGESA wrote:
Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle
> PSU depending, CPU Core Voltage goes below 0.8V down to 0.185 (HWiNFO)
AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled
> enabled by default

1usmus Ryzen Universal power profile might be better... 🙂



I'm not seeing my voltage go anywhere near that low, only way to get below 1.1v on my 3900x is to lower the minimum cpu percentage.

JohnEJohn wrote:
I'm not seeing my voltage go anywhere near that low, only way to get below 1.1v on my 3900x is to lower the minimum cpu percentage.


close all RGB software (like iCUE) running on your PC in background and check it again.
Global C-state Control, CPPC, CPPC Preferred Cores and disabled PBO are enough steps to make profile working.

to be honest @stock is GEN3 not at it best behave. loud, far to many peaks, high energy consumption and you can not have programs running in background (cores are not going sleep)
suggest you for 24/7 @4.2 1.2V
@stock only for hardcore gaming where you might reach with SC 500FPS at 4k

xeizo
Level 12
With the latest chipset driver from the other day, 1usmus Universal works excellent, better than Ryzen Balanced imho
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

xeizo wrote:
With the latest chipset driver from the other day, 1usmus Universal works excellent, better than Ryzen Balanced imho



It's working great for me too but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything, in your bios did you change what the power plan recommends?

I could only find: Global C-state Control, CPPC, CPPC Preferred Cores and disabled PBO. I could not find Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle, AMD Cool'n'Quiet or PPC Adjustment.