Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: IDLE CPU temperautes jumps

zaiobaio
Level 7
Hello guys,

I need help and any input will be greatly appreciated 🙂

I bought Crosshair VI Hero (1107) and Ryzen 1700x and there is strange temperatures jumps in idle (no matter the clock speed - default, under or oveclocked). This might be a wrong sensor reading, but it makes my fans go frenzy.
So every now and than (lets say 2-3 min) I have a temperature jump from 42 to about 50-52 degrees for one reading and in the next it goes down to 42. Here is graphical representation:

Do you know how can I override this or force it steady? (during the readouts, there is no change in VCore, Power Consumption or CPU usage, that is why I am thinking bios or sensor)
17 REPLIES 17

I had the same annoying temp spikes with my 1600x (bios 1107),
those spikes combined with the 20c offset make it pretty much impossible to set a decent fan curve for a quiet system.

So I was experimenting a bit with bios settings.
I set "sense MI skew" to enabled and "sense MI offset" to 272 and the spikes now seem to be gone? (and idle temps about 5c lower)

However there is something really odd going on because I tried to double check, but if I now return to the old settings the spikes are still gone..
I tried several times but I can' t get the spikes to start again.. :confused: Which is a good thing I guess but very odd.
Leaving "sense MI skew" set to enabled does still keep temps about 5c lower.

Hello again,

Again thank for the advices and your time!

I have tried the Sense Mi, it is better, but still there are jumps - less frequnet, but will the same value of 8 to 10 degreese.

Did anyone try the beta bios, is this fixed there?

Thanks!

Hello all,

Just FYI - I have tested today the 1201 bios and the issue with the temperatures is the same - jumps, jumps, jumps 😞
I was hoping that the new bios will fix the sensor issues...

zaiobaio wrote:
Hello all,

Just FYI - I have tested today the 1201 bios and the issue with the temperatures is the same - jumps, jumps, jumps 😞
I was hoping that the new bios will fix the sensor issues...

Two more betas were released yesterday. Try those.

Chipz
Level 7
Shame we have to find out from others that a test bios is available and hope they post a link to it sometime .

Chipz wrote:
Shame we have to find out from others that a test bios is available and hope they post a link to it sometime .

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/15900#post_26106654

Ross350 wrote:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/15900#post_26106654

I agree with Chipz tho... You'd think they'd post it on their own forums, not a 3rd party.

eight-bit wrote:
I agree with Chipz tho... You'd think they'd post it on their own forums, not a 3rd party.

Agreed this forum is dead .