cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Code list

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
Is there anywhere I can get a full list of q-codes for a particular BIOS version?

The list of codes in the manual that came with the board appears to be out of date. I cannot find an updated manual, or a list of codes.
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hello unkownmiscreant

The codes are listed in your motherboard manual and are the same for all bios versions.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello unkownmiscreant

The codes are listed in your motherboard manual and are the same for all bios versions.

Ah OK thanks. Although often when my board fails to POST for some reason, it freezes on codes that aren't listed in the manual. Where might I find what these mean?

Nate152 wrote:
Hello unkownmiscreant

I can tell you...there no Q-codes listed (that's ZERO) in my Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard manual.

Korth
Level 14
You might find "undocumented" Q-Codes in the manuals for other/older ASUS (Crosshair) motherboards. Or google, of course.

But exactly which error code(s) are you getting?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
You might find "undocumented" Q-Codes in the manuals for other/older ASUS (Crosshair) motherboards. Or google, of course.

But exactly which error code(s) are you getting?

Okay, thanks. I actually managed to get it sorted. Turned out I needed to reinstall my CPU + waterblock.

I can't remember the exact codes, but I was getting 08 or 0d most of the time. About 1 in 5 boots, it would fail on the white (GPU) LED. Can't remember the codes, but they weren't listed in the manual.

Q-code 0d is listed as "Reserved for future AMI, SEC error codes." Although googling both appeared to point to memory instability. I had cleared the CMOS, re flashed the BIOS via USB and removed the coin cell battery for 5 mins. Upon POST failure I used the retry and safe boot buttons. Both gave the same results. That failing, I tried removing RAM sticks and putting each stick in every slot (one at a time,) I also tried the memory from my brother's ryzen rig and that also had the same codes. All the RAM worked fine in my brothers rig.

Swapping the GPUs (a 1070, 1050ti and a rather old 6600GT) also made the system fail with GPU errors more often than the 08/0d.

Thanks for the help.

Nate152

Seems to work well...

https://www.asusqcodes.com/