cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 4 sticks of RAM (64gb 3600) stability on TUF gaming x570x plus wifi

Darthpibe
Level 7
I bought these memory banks for my motherboard and after playing during the day they seem to lose stability and when I restart the computer sometimes it sends me the bios to turn off the DOC that comes with them to be able to reach 3600, then I have to activate it again so that they return to work on 3600, does anyone know how to correct this? These memories are compatible with my mainboard.

Mainboard: TUF Gaming x570 plus wifi
RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC 64GB 4x16GB DDR4 3600MHz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090
PSU: Seasonic 1300 platinum
27 REPLIES 27

patrick.revell wrote:
Thanks, I'll give that a try later. What about your timings? If I set my timings to Auto I get: 26-25-25-25-58 with 1T and GearDown enabled (default).

Hey,

This is the kit I'm using: https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/326/1562840280/F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC-Specification

I'm running it with the xmp profile. And everything is great.

I think the 1t with gear down enabled might be the source of your instability. 2t and gear down disable might just fix your issue.

patrick_revell
Level 7
Darthpibe wrote:
I bought these memory banks for my motherboard and after playing during the day they seem to lose stability and when I restart the computer sometimes it sends me the bios to turn off the DOC that comes with them to be able to reach 3600, then I have to activate it again so that they return to work on 3600, does anyone know how to correct this? These memories are compatible with my mainboard.

Mainboard: TUF Gaming x570 plus wifi
RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC 64GB 4x16GB DDR4 3600MHz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090
PSU: Seasonic 1300 platinum

I'm getting better stability with my F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC with no DOCP set and using manual memory speed setting in the BIOS. You might have to input your own DRAM Voltage and timing numbers, but I ran fine for a few hours before a crash just now, which I would bet was likely due to being too aggressive with PBO and Curve Optimizer. essentially, no other OC settings on the AI Tweaker page in BIOS, just RAM speed and ram voltage.

Hope this helps.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Should always aim for maximum obtainable stability at 1T.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I ended up ordering some different memory to try. And sure enough. It's a world of difference. I've got stable overclock and memory timing tuned with DRAM Calc.

This is the memory I got, made sure it was on the QVL this time:
OLOy DDR4 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 3600 MHz CL18 1.35V 288-Pin Desktop Gaming UDIMM (MD4U1636181CHKDA)

patrick.revell wrote:
I ended up ordering some different memory to try. And sure enough. It's a world of difference. I've got stable overclock and memory timing tuned with DRAM Calc.

This is the memory I got, made sure it was on the QVL this time:
OLOy DDR4 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 3600 MHz CL18 1.35V 288-Pin Desktop Gaming UDIMM (MD4U1636181CHKDA)

But that kit is only 2 sticks.
Your first post was about 4 dimm stability issues?

Cheers.

Escorpiom wrote:
But that kit is only 2 sticks.
Your first post was about 4 dimm stability issues?

Cheers.

Indeed. Either the QVL list is correct and the F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC kit is not compatible (it crashes with 2 or 4 DIMMs) or the board just doesn't actually like 4 DIMMs period. Either way, I'm done screwing around with RMAs for now. I will exchange this kit once more, then I'm selling it.

But the original posters RAM is on the QVL list, so... Maybe ASUS needs to reevaluate the QVL for this board?

If anyone is interested, I had the QVL PDF converted to a spreadsheet so it's easier to filter and find memory:
ASUS_TUF_Gaming_X570_Plus_WIFI_Memory_QVL_for_AMD_Ryzen_5000_Series_Processors

patrick.revell wrote:

But the original posters RAM is on the QVL list, so... Maybe ASUS needs to reevaluate the QVL for this board?

Hello,

The purpose of the QVL is to give the user the best chance of compatibility. It does not guarantee compatibility, as this isn't practical when speaking about overclocking. Whether it's 2 or 4 DIMMs, 3600MHz is overclocking the memory and infinity fabric. Short answer, your mileage may vary without manual intervention.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

The purpose of the QVL is to give the user the best chance of compatibility. It does not guarantee compatibility, as this isn't practical when speaking about overclocking. Whether it's 2 or 4 DIMMs, 3600MHz is overclocking the memory and infinity fabric. Short answer, your mileage may vary without manual intervention.

I understand that. But the original kit I used was very close to the original posters kit (in model name anyway, "TZNC"). It is also advertised to as "for Ryzen" (Zen2 as it turned out). But even at default speeds, no OC configured (CPU or RAM), 2 or 4 dimms, I was crashing. 2 different kits of the same model name, same results. Again, I RMA'd the motherboard and CPU also, same issues.

So either ASUS found the same results I did, and that is why it is not in the QVL for RYZEN 5000, or I got two bad kits of memory. This new kit has had 0 issues with a crazy overclock for 4 days now running Folding@Home, Cinnebench, Prime95, MemBench, etc...