cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 4 sticks of RAM (64gb 3600) stability on TUF gaming x570x plus wifi

Darthpibe
Level 7
I bought these memory banks for my motherboard and after playing during the day they seem to lose stability and when I restart the computer sometimes it sends me the bios to turn off the DOC that comes with them to be able to reach 3600, then I have to activate it again so that they return to work on 3600, does anyone know how to correct this? These memories are compatible with my mainboard.

Mainboard: TUF Gaming x570 plus wifi
RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC 64GB 4x16GB DDR4 3600MHz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090
PSU: Seasonic 1300 platinum
27 REPLIES 27

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
The board is entering safe mode due to failing memory training.

4 sticks at that density can be tough depending on the strength of the fabric on the CPU sample.

Try SOC @ 1.1 to 1.15v

IOD VDDG around 1 to 1.05 and CCD around 0.98 to 1.05.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:

4 sticks at that density can be tough depending on the strength of the fabric on the CPU sample.

Try SOC @ 1.1 to 1.15v

I'm sorry where do I change those settings?

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:

Try SOC @ 1.1 to 1.15v

Thanks, for the tip, I just change the DRam Voltage to 1.37 instead of 1.35 and things are working great by far, no more reboots to bios or windows acting strange.

Darthpibe wrote:
Thanks, for the tip, I just change the DRam Voltage to 1.37 instead of 1.35 and things are working great by far, no more reboots to bios or windows acting strange.

You can up Juice a lot more on those sticks. Just watch the temps in Hwinfo. I run my dominator sticks at 1.4 and up to 1.5 no problems.

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:

Try SOC @ 1.1 to 1.15v

Your SOC recommendation seems to be helping a so far, and I bumped DRAM voltage to 1.37v. But what are IOD VDDG and CCD? Not sure I recognize those or alternate names for them?

patrick.revell wrote:
Your SOC recommendation seems to be helping a so far, and I bumped DRAM voltage to 1.37v. But what are IOD VDDG and CCD? Not sure I recognize those or alternate names for them?

I ran the DRAM Calc for Ryzen again applied recommended voltages. Will report back later.

Still having a few crashes after tweaking PBO settings. So leaving that all default/auto right now. At this point I'll be happy if I can just run to XMP/DOCP spec with no other overclocking/under-volting/curve optimizer.

Additional voltage/current, used the right side column here. But I don't see a place to specify the DRAM settings in the ASUS BIOS.

A co-worker just pointed this out to me. Apparently I was doing it wrong....

https://www.overclock.net/threads/amd-ryzen-5900x-cpu-power-connect-8-pin-or-8-4-pin-use.1776347/

running some stress tests now. ASUS Tech support didn't ask about this when I spoke with them. The documentation in the manual for the 4-pin 12v power (EATX12V_2) casually mentions that you can use it with the 8-pin.

Admittedly it has been almost 10 years since I built a PC, so I'm a bit rusty on some of the newer power standards. I hope this helps other that find this.