cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with M.2 Slot 1 running at x2 Speed on CH8

james702283
Level 7
Hey there,
I haven't seen anyone with this problem. The drive is a 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus. I had this problem when I first got the board a little over a month ago but it was fixed after drivers and chipset driver installs, at least I thought. Now for some reason it is back to running at X2 but shows supported X4. All I did was change my thermal paste and re seat my cooler. I have tried everything I can think of, running optimized defaults in bios, re seated the drive multiple times, the graphics card, uninstalled and reinstalled the Samsung NVME drivers, my bios is the most current one but re flashed it anyway, I have unplugged all sata drives and usb devices. I got it to go back to X4 a couple times but none of the things I did were able to keep it running at X4 so there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why it's happening. It runs in the 2nd M.2 slot at x4 without issue. From my understanding the M.2 slots on this board do not share lanes and both are supposed to have dedicated X4 lanes and I don't see any settings in the bios to specify the lane speed. Does anyone know why this could be happening? A setting I'm missing or a bad NVME drive, faulty board, etc?
Thanks
0 REPLIES 0