cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProArt B550 CREATOR shut's down randomly

CIURI
Level 7
Hello ,

I have a strange issue with my pc . I have the ProArt B550 CREATOR with Ryzen 7 5800X with Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Radeon 5700XT ,64Gb ram ,1000w PSU.

Randomly the pc shuts down (no bsod, no memory dump), and it's not a PSU issue . I tried with a 1500w new PSU and same . It's completely random , it can take days that it's happening .Usual it happens when the system is in idle mostly or exit's stand-by but rare .

Why I suspect it's the MB because if it's a power problem the only way to power on the system would be to unplug the power , but in this case it powers on normally :(.

I updated the bios to the latest version , did a full reset to defaults on it after . Updated the latest drivers . Tested the hardware , memtest's , etc.

It's annoying that I can not reproduce the issue so I can be sure what it is exactly . I did not work with b550 before so maybe there is something I'm missing.

Had anyone encountered this kind of problems ?
1 REPLY 1

RedSector73
Level 12
CIURI wrote:
Usual it happens when the system is in idle mostly or exit's stand-by but rare.

Maybe try, turning off C-states in the BIOS.
Your computer will use a little more power (like 5w more) when idle, and/or not doing much and it might solve the issue.

In Advanced mode navigate to.
Advanced -> AMD CBC -> CPU Common Options
and change from AUTO (default) to Disable

Save & Exit