cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRIME X470-PRO BIOS 5204 & PBO settings - BUG??

npapanik
Level 8
In the latest BIOS 5204 there are two different group settings for Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO), one located under "AI Tweaker" and the other under "Advanced -> AMD Overclocking". The weird thing is that if you change the value in one (eg Enable PBO), in the other menu it does not change! What gives?
I don't know what happened with previous BIOSes since I just got the board. Running a R5 3600. Check the images attached.

5 REPLIES 5

npapanik
Level 8
Installed the latest BIOS 5216, exactly the same menus. I have verified with Ryzen Master that only the one under AI Tweaker works, all the others do nothing!

Also with PBO set to "Advanced", "Motherboard", "10x", "200MHz" respectively I get the following with Prime95 max heat stress test:

Hello,

I am having/ seeing the same behavior.
I have another question though.. were you able to increase PPT above 88 ? no matter hwta i do it stioll maxes to 88 ( the other values max to 255)

i have the same board and cpu.

Christian

christizzz wrote:
Hello,

I am having/ seeing the same behavior.
I have another question though.. were you able to increase PPT above 88 ? no matter hwta i do it stioll maxes to 88 ( the other values max to 255)

i have the same board and cpu.

Christian

I thought it was only me that I couldn't understand Asus mess!!! Thank you Christian!

Just noticed they have removed "motherboard" from the settings I have noted above in the new BIOS!!!

New settings that work below:

Nikos

ok..thanks..but it is kinda weird.. i cna only max PPT in ryzen master only if i put it enabled in pbo under ai tweaker.. thats ankther thing i dont get.. why do i have PBO settings in 2 different locations under my Bios...

sometimes messing around in RM and rebooting and messing around in bios will kill my asmedia usb  (disconnect sound under windiws)... the settings are weird.. so i disbaled PBO (put it back to auto everywhere)... i think it is broken..

another question though..does your motherboard tests the cpu fan at start up (post)..mine will turn..stop for 1-2 seconds then turns back on normally.. (air cooling)

christizzz wrote:
ok..thanks..but it is kinda weird.. i cna only max PPT in ryzen master only if i put it enabled in pbo under ai tweaker.. thats ankther thing i dont get.. why do i have PBO settings in 2 different locations under my Bios...

sometimes messing around in RM and rebooting and messing around in bios will kill my asmedia usb  (disconnect sound under windiws)... the settings are weird.. so i disbaled PBO (put it back to auto everywhere)... i think it is broken..

another question though..does your motherboard tests the cpu fan at start up (post)..mine will turn..stop for 1-2 seconds then turns back on normally.. (air cooling)

Mine does the same.