cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Conectors near PC...

Mordorr
Level 8
Hello group:

This weekend my old 14 years power source Corsair, R.I.P..

Bought a new Seasonic 650wts Platinium.

However, i only could connect to the MB 6 connectors, (on the top near CPU). There are 4 smaller without cable connected.

My old Corsair had cables to conect the 2 plugs on the Board Asus Crossair VII Hero 470....but not the Seasonic.

Anyway.

Does the fact of 4 power connector aren`t connect affects my MB OC Stability and better power supply?

If necessary i can put photos.

Thank you in advance!
12 REPLIES 12

Mordorr
Level 8
The 4+4 type cable is already connected from beguining....

Well have to live with that.

Thank you all.

BigJohnny
Level 13
This is not uncommon. Yes it will have an effect on stability if you overclock. If you run at stock shouldnt be an issue. I havent seen a day where 650 watts would be enough in a very long time.
The second 4 pin should come off an 8 Pin PSU connector and simply split in half. Only one of the halves with fit the socket.
If its a problem then call their customer support and ask for another 4+4 cable or return it and buy a PSU that comes with it or simply order the extra cable. If you had a corsair I would send you one out of the pile of 20 I have in black, red, red and black and blood red as I Have more than I can use But corsair specific connectors.

Mordorr
Level 8
I have watercooling but not extreme OC, since its hard for me to extract more...

Anyway.

Receive email from Seasonic. They are going to send a extra cable to me, wish is very nice.:cool:
Thank you very much for you offer my friend. 650wts its totally ok for my system...its a very light PC with only a old R9 270X and 3 HD`s...

Happy OC everybody, and thanks for all support.:p