cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post code 8

DavidFpv
Level 7
Hello,
I built my first computer and have a problem.
I made a OC to my memory for 3200 speed (this is the manufacturer's speed)
And every time I turn on the computer or it takes about a minute to turn on or that code jumps (8)
thus is my setup:
24 REPLIES 24

DavidFpv
Level 7
DavidFpv wrote:
Hello,
I built my first computer and have a problem.
I made a OC to my memory for 3200 speed (this is the manufacturer's speed)
And every time I turn on the computer or it takes about a minute to turn on or that code jumps (8)
thus is my setup:

and my bioss Version is 7403

Starrbuck
Level 9
QCODE 8 means insufficient CPU power. Is your PSU good? Do you have the extra power plugged in at the top left of the motherboard? Have you changed the CPU voltage?

Upgrade to 7501 using the BIOS flashback port in the back and see if that works. If it boots fine on default settings, it could be the DOCP might be causing it since that's what it was for me and you will need to put the timings in for your ram manually. Easiest way to do it is to set everything back to default. Make sure that works and then enable DOCP standard to 3200mhz. Then Save/Exit but don't actually exit. Take a picture of the window that pops up with the changes and then put in the timings manually. That's how I got my Q-code 8 fixed after I updated my BIOS to 7501 with Ryzen 3900x.

Also Disable ECC.

RBMK3.6 wrote:
Upgrade to 7501 using the BIOS flashback port in the back and see if that works. If it boots fine on default settings, it could be the DOCP might be causing it since that's what it was for me and you will need to put the timings in for your ram manually. Easiest way to do it is to set everything back to default. Make sure that works and then enable DOCP standard to 3200mhz. Then Save/Exit but don't actually exit. Take a picture of the window that pops up with the changes and then put in the timings manually. That's how I got my Q-code 8 fixed after I updated my BIOS to 7501 with Ryzen 3900x.

Also Disable ECC.

What is ECC? And if the computer turns on and there is this code after restarting the computer turns on

Starrbuck wrote:
QCODE 8 means insufficient CPU power. Is your PSU good? Do you have the extra power plugged in at the top left of the motherboard? Have you changed the CPU voltage?

I don't use the 4 pin extra because my friend told me that not really have to contact that...
Could it be because of this?

DavidFpv wrote:
I don't use the 4 pin extra because my friend told me that not really have to contact that...

So you're saying that you have only the 8-pin power connected on the board for the CPU power? If that's so then of course you need to also connect the extra 4-pin power cable on the board! There's a reason for being there.
Connecting the 8-pin only will make your CPU power up when you power on your PC but having only one cable connected your CPU cannot draw sufficient power when it needs to. If it wasn't necessary then it wouldn't be there in the first place.

DavidFpv wrote:

Absolutely this could be the cause. You should always connect that.

Starrbuck wrote:
Absolutely this could be the cause. You should always connect that.

Okay I'll try to connect...
In the image red it's what I use.
I can use the green for cpu?

DavidFpv wrote:
Okay I'll try to connect...
In the image red it's what I use.
I can use the green for cpu?

Yes you can, as per the labels on the PSU.