cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up when plugging in audio cable into motherboard.

nuraman00
Level 7
I have the Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi.

When I plug in a 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable into my speaker out on the motherboard, I see the following pop-up.

I don't want to select headphone, because I'm not plugging in headphones.

But Front Speaker Out seems wrong too, since I'm using the speaker out from the sound card on the motherboard.

It's not the headphone jack on the front part of the computer case.

Does this look right?

It does highlight the green audio port from the rear panel. But again, that pop-up doesn't seem to have the right options, to me.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

nuraman00
Level 7
How do I launch SupremeFX on my own (without plugging in the audio cable)?

I can't find it in Windows 10.

Also, it said something about how the impedance was higher than 110 dB.

There was also a drop-down with 3 settings. Extreme, Performance, or Powerful. I think it used to be on Extreme. I set it on Performance now.

EDIT: I figured it out, I click on the RealTek HD Audio Manager.

And the drop-down I mentioned above was for Amplify Level.

I just feel like something's not set up right. But maybe someone else can help confirm.

xeromist
"front speakers" refers to the two main stereo speakers in front of you in a surround sound setup. Those correspond to the green jack on a multi-channel sound card. So it's not referring to the location of the jack on your PC.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
"front speakers" refers to the two main stereo speakers in front of you in a surround sound setup. Those correspond to the green jack on a multi-channel sound card. So it's not referring to the location of the jack on your PC.

Thanks for explaining.