cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCH Temperature stuck at +127 C

murmur
Level 7
Hi,

New owner of a Crosshair VII Hero (WiFi) mobo.

I noticed in the BIOS that the PCH Temp reading seems stuck at +127C.

This is with out-of-the-box stock settings. I don't believe the PCH is really at 127, feels more like an error/bug?

Have tried updating the BIOS to 1103, but no change. Tried reloading the defaults for the mobo, no change.

HWINFO64 reports the same value.

Any clues on how to fix this, or should I send the board back as defective?

4 REPLIES 4

murmur
Level 7
Received some advice from Asus technical support. Pleasantly speedy reply!

In this case I recommend you make a CMOS reset of the BIOS by taking out the CMOS battery for 3-5 minutes while the PSU is unplugged. While the power cord from the PSU is still unplugged, press the power button down for 30 seconds to power discharge the unit.
Then place the CMOS battery back in, plug in the PSU and try again.

After this go into the BIOS > Advanced Menu > APM Configuration, from here set the ERP Ready to Enabled S4 + S5 or Enabled S5 and set the Restore AC Power Loss to Last State and test the motherboard again.

Alas, despite attempting this reset routine twice, still sitting at +127C.

I am loathe to RMA the whole board just for this one sensor, but it does feel annoying to have this broken on such an expensive motherboard. 😞

its not same but a kind of annoying as well because fans are going mad with those temp-jumps for over 4sec.

it happen with all BIOS since 4month every 20min.

why?

Filters
Level 9
Just try to reflash bios

Retired
Not applicable
In this case I recommend you make a CMOS reset of the BIOS by taking out the CMOS battery for 3-5 minutes while the PSU is unplugged. While the power cord from the PSU is still unplugged, press the power button down for 30 seconds to power discharge the unit.
Then place the CMOS battery back in, plug in the PSU and try again.

After this go into the BIOS > Advanced Menu > APM Configuration, from here set the ERP Ready to Enabled S4 + S5 or Enabled S5 and set the Restore AC Power Loss to Last State and test the motherboard again
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember when we only had to press a button to clear CMOS, now its needed to contact support and follow a script!

I had Asus Maximus motherboards in the past with faulty sensor readings, i personally didn't care much about it
But i can understand if you have bought a brand new top tier mobo and want everything to work perfect
Its a decision you have to make, to keep or return the product
RMA it.......