cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking 3000mhz to 3200mhz causes "USB device connected" sound

AndehX
Level 7
Did some tweaking to my Ryzen 7 overclock this morning. Changed to pstate overclocking, and also bumped my 3000mhz Corsair LPX to 3200mhz by loosening timings.
I've discovered that after doing this, I now randomly hear the "USB device connected" sound. You know sound that Windows 10 plays when you connect a USB device.
I'll hear this sound at completely random intervals when doing anything on my computer.
Any ideas whats causing this? I'm assuming its got something to do with my OC settings since it was fine before I overclocked my memory to 3200mhz...
4 REPLIES 4

AndehX
Level 7
ok I've discovered that its not my overclock causing this issue as its doing it when I revert back to defaults. It looks like it's started doing it ever since I installed the Windows 10 Creators update....

Menthol
Level 14
this sounds like what Nate is experiencing on his Z-270 machine while gaming so yes it could be the update, I would re-install motherboard drivers but please come back to share how things go as it could help others

Maybe some power setting was changed, and windows is powering down some device when it decides it is not in use? You have any USB Root Hubs listed under USB in device manager? They often have power management issues like that.

It doesn't seem to be USB related at all. the event log for USB devices shows no activity when I hear the sound, and I hear the sound a lot more frequently when my system is under load. ie, gaming. Reinstalling motherboard drives had no effect.