cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ethernet on crosshair 6 after new build

purecain
Level 9
Im absolutely guttered. I know its a new architecture but i am so pissed off right now. Everything is cable tied. The build is should of been finished for use about 5 hours ago. Im really guttered by asus. As there is nothing on the internet to help clear this up. Looks like a return job. Im that pissed off i could i might jave a career change. This board should never of bèen shipped if the ethernet is dodgy. Guttered. Any help would be appreciated. Luke i say ive been trying for 5 hours so.

ps. this went on all night into the next day. if you get the issue where windows is stopping the Ethernet port from initialising that's because its BROKEN FAULTY bag of ass. I actually let someone tell me it was a brand new installation of windows which was the problem, even though my copy had the basic intel driver for the exact hardware but would not even try to install it. I am exhausted and all my new parts I saved a long time to get have now had multiple installations. so all my brand new stuff... all 1800pounds not including the titan looks like second hand. not to mention putting wear on my titan xp. if the replacement comes faulty it will be bye bye to asus I'm afraid. what happened to the solid boards I used to buy for 20yrs. I know exactly whats going on, I used to be the head of a returns department and they didn't give a damn there. in the end it killed the company as only 1 out of every 5 joypads worked in its entirety. this is a motherboard being sold which is not being given ANY quality control. I wonder how many other people have received these shoddy boards... thousands???? probably... its all well and good as long as everyone makes sure to take their business to a vendor which appreciates their money... I know they have some good heads working on this board but that bad experience I just had was sponsored by asus. I doubt they will offer toi make up for the absolute nightmare. so asus is on my avoid list from now on.

this is what happens when you stay up for 24hours trying to make a faulty motherboard work. lol
I think the disappointment is clear. but I love asus motherboards and I know they have decent quality control most of the time. I was pissed this morning though. ive had a few hours sleep. resolve has kicked in. my new board will be here Saturday. even though my psu is ok in the system I'm using now, I will take it to pieces and clean it inside. check that it is properly grounding in the new case before I install the new board. that was the first time ive ever had a faulty ethernet port. it worked but not fully even with multiple fresh installs of windows 10. so lesson learned. I'm just glad I didn't make any other posts while I was in 'wo be me' mode. aww well, on a good note, my 4000mhz g.skill GTZR went easily to 3200mhz and the cpu was @ 59 degrees with tt water 3.0. didn't bother overclocking the cpu.... will wait until Saturday. I'm gonna go throught and delete the rest of my comments here.
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal
22 REPLIES 22

Dude im a master builder. 8 hours sinse the error first showed. Unless asus can e plain why ive never even heard of a problem like this in 20yrs of building bespoke pcs.
Asus Tuf RTX3090

purecain wrote:
Cannot install drivers. No intelr adapters are present in this computer.

MeanMachine wrote:
Is there some reason why you can't install the driver.?

I think what they were quoting there was the error generated when trying to install ethernet drivers. The installer didn't see any devices with matching PCI/Ven tags.

Was this the driver from the disk that came with the board? Or one that was downloaded separately on another machine?
If it is the one from the CD, pretty much the only option is to make sure on-board ethernet isn't disabled in bios.
If it was a downloaded driver, it could just be for the wrong controller. (hoping this is the case since it's the easiest fix)

Edit: desregard lol... by the time I was done typing the thread had progressed past this lol

purecain
Level 9
I.ll try that driver. Im dlling on my phone. I cant install any driver as it comes back tell me what i wrote above. My bloods bioling im so angry. Ive built 100.s of systems if not over a thousand and ive never seen this problem. The ethernet controller lights up green when i plug in the cable. So ive been at it for 8 hours bow and getting really pissed off. Thanks for the help.
Asus Tuf RTX3090

MeanMachine
Level 13
You may have to install the self extracting .exe driver with Admin privilege.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine
Level 13
I understand your frustration purecain however this is a Windows issue and ASUS did not drop the ball as you say. Unless you have a Bad MB then the fix is there.
The ethernet drivers are not automatically installed. Calm down its not going to help.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

purecain
Level 9
Sorry m8 but the boards broken. The adapter is there but it wont allow any kind of installation. In other words its faulty. They sent me a faulty board. Im starting to lose my ability to focus. Im not sure how much longer i can put into this. I might smash it to pieces yet. Lol
Asus Tuf RTX3090

purecain
Level 9
Eyes have gone unknown device gives code 28 on pcibus 28. there are no compatible drivers. Installed the network adapter. Windows stops the driver from working. Code 31 the requesy is not supported. I also noticed i got a shock from the pc case. That only wver happened a handful of time. Checked all the usuals. Found nothing. Psu is fine and gpu is fine. No cables seem to be tpuching the case.

this is probably what killed the Ethernet device. to people building new pc's, be careful with the cases. if you reuse an old psu make sure to give it a clean inside. get rid of any dust. I'm thinking I may put power to the board outside of the case and check to see if the case still gives me a shock. I'm using the same psu back in my old case and everything is fine...
Asus Tuf RTX3090

I also noticed i got a shock from the pc case.

Did U check the standoffs ??? If U have 1 in a bad location U can short the mainboard .

purecain
Level 9
Now it says intel 82552 10/100 network connection adapter is experiancing driver or hardware related problems. Its a faulty board. I cant believe it.
Asus Tuf RTX3090

purecain
Level 9
I reinstalled windows after removing everythong from the case. Same result. This board is faulty ffs. I started with the problem at 2pm yesturday and ive tried everything to get it to work. Ive ruined my psu cables installing them on this badly manufactured board. Asus have lost my trust. Last asus board i will ever own edit ' ha ha lol theres nothing like making an ass of yourself, funny to read through
'
Now after 12hours of trouble shooting no dinner no tea no sleep. I can llook forward to starting all over again as i try to cpnfigure my old pc. Really annoyed i should recieve a board with a broken componant. I mean wtf. Other people having aound issus i never even mentioned the mess some of the chips on the board were. When it arrived. The sound module had bubbles in its coating ffs.and it atill passed quality control. Fine ypu thouraly check boards and now we know your worth. No intel adapters are present in this computer. Up works down does not. Whats that all about. Ive ised asus all my buisness life. But not any more. If i wanted to recoeve an unknown quality i would of bought a cheap board. End of.
Asus Tuf RTX3090