cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ethernet on crosshair 6 after new build

purecain
Level 9
Im absolutely guttered. I know its a new architecture but i am so pissed off right now. Everything is cable tied. The build is should of been finished for use about 5 hours ago. Im really guttered by asus. As there is nothing on the internet to help clear this up. Looks like a return job. Im that pissed off i could i might jave a career change. This board should never of bèen shipped if the ethernet is dodgy. Guttered. Any help would be appreciated. Luke i say ive been trying for 5 hours so.

ps. this went on all night into the next day. if you get the issue where windows is stopping the Ethernet port from initialising that's because its BROKEN FAULTY bag of ass. I actually let someone tell me it was a brand new installation of windows which was the problem, even though my copy had the basic intel driver for the exact hardware but would not even try to install it. I am exhausted and all my new parts I saved a long time to get have now had multiple installations. so all my brand new stuff... all 1800pounds not including the titan looks like second hand. not to mention putting wear on my titan xp. if the replacement comes faulty it will be bye bye to asus I'm afraid. what happened to the solid boards I used to buy for 20yrs. I know exactly whats going on, I used to be the head of a returns department and they didn't give a damn there. in the end it killed the company as only 1 out of every 5 joypads worked in its entirety. this is a motherboard being sold which is not being given ANY quality control. I wonder how many other people have received these shoddy boards... thousands???? probably... its all well and good as long as everyone makes sure to take their business to a vendor which appreciates their money... I know they have some good heads working on this board but that bad experience I just had was sponsored by asus. I doubt they will offer toi make up for the absolute nightmare. so asus is on my avoid list from now on.

this is what happens when you stay up for 24hours trying to make a faulty motherboard work. lol
I think the disappointment is clear. but I love asus motherboards and I know they have decent quality control most of the time. I was pissed this morning though. ive had a few hours sleep. resolve has kicked in. my new board will be here Saturday. even though my psu is ok in the system I'm using now, I will take it to pieces and clean it inside. check that it is properly grounding in the new case before I install the new board. that was the first time ive ever had a faulty ethernet port. it worked but not fully even with multiple fresh installs of windows 10. so lesson learned. I'm just glad I didn't make any other posts while I was in 'wo be me' mode. aww well, on a good note, my 4000mhz g.skill GTZR went easily to 3200mhz and the cpu was @ 59 degrees with tt water 3.0. didn't bother overclocking the cpu.... will wait until Saturday. I'm gonna go throught and delete the rest of my comments here.
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal
22 REPLIES 22

purecain
Level 9
Cannot install drivers. No intelr adapters are present in this computer.
Asus Tuf RTX3090

purecain wrote:
Cannot install drivers. No intelr adapters are present in this computer.

I would like to try and help purecain if I can.
If device manager has no ethernet driver installed under Network Adapters then ofc you would have no internet.
I have both static and Wifi connections available on my system and both work OK. I got my Gigabit network driver from here:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10-

Is there some reason why you can't install the driver.?
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Cant install that driver as its for 32bit version of windows

Is there a 64bit version
Asus Tuf RTX3090

purecain wrote:
Cant install that driver as its for 32bit version of windows

Is there a 64bit version

Yes there is just below the 32bit version.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

Its ok i dlled the wrong one. Hate using my phone
Asus Tuf RTX3090

Tried that. Thanks. Let me just try 64bit version
Asus Tuf RTX3090

It went from copying drivers to cannot install drivers. No intel adapters are present in this computer.
Asus Tuf RTX3090

purecain wrote:
It went from copying drivers to cannot install drivers. No intel adapters are present in this computer.

Are there any drivers listed at all in device manager under Network Adapters. If so delete them or try to update the driver and use the one you downloaded.
Run the .exe as administrator if it refuses.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

Im screaming here. Everyone on the street must think ive gone mad. But its the frustration. Without the internet i cant update anything . Im really annoyed that asus has dropped the ball. If their quality control is this bad. I.ll be going elsewhere in future. Im absolutely guttered. Ita gonna damage my other parts uninstalling them over and over. Wtf do asus think people are going to do when this happens. Rma. Ive been waoting 60days for my stuff to all arrive. And some of it including thos broke ass motherboard i cant return. So ive no choice but to rma. Mfrs.

lol I'm leaving this as evidence that we can all be c@nt sometimes.... lol
Asus Tuf RTX3090