Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie OC with Crosshair VI Hero and 1700

domlator
Level 7
Hello guys,

This is my first post so if i posted on wrong place excuse me 🙂

Anyway got this couple of days ago and i was fidling (learning) which is the right bios, what memory to use and the best (optimal) settings in bios.

So can someone please tell if this is good or bad OC that i got. I know i needed to got higher frequency memory but this was cheap and its RGB so yea 🙂 Cooling the 1700 with Nocuta NH-D15 and i must say it is doing awesome job. I thought i am gonna need to invest in some AIO but from what i see no need atm 🙂 Tried 4GHZ but no luck even on 1.425v and i didn't wanna go higher. So i got this stable on 125BCLK x 31 core ratio with 3000GHz memory and everything is working extremly silently and cool and ofcourse stable. I don't know how much of gain would i get if i try to squeze additional + - 100Mhz out of it, so that's why i would like to ask you is there so much difference in this minimal OC?

Thank you for any answer given.

Best regards
Mladen
2 REPLIES 2

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi domlator and Welcome to ROG 🙂

That is a good result with the Ryzen 1700 and Air cooling. As your system is stable there is no need to chase the extra 100-200MHz with little to gain.
Congratulations on a good build. Enjoy your system.:)
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Thanks MeanMachine 🙂

Tho results in Cinebench differentiate depending what programs i do have running from 1649 - 1704. But i am really happy with results 🙂

Best regards
Mladen