Level 7
Hi,

I'm building a new system based of the following
CPU- Ryxen 9 3900x
Mobo -Strix X570-E
Bios - updated to 4021
Ram- 32Gb corsair vengance rgb pro SL

I'm encounter several issues which I cannot resolve -

1. Following system assembly I trialed the system using an old sata drive with Ubuntu . The system booted, and worked as expected.
2. The second trial I used an sata ssd with windows 10 (built/setup for my current pc system). The new system booted, windows worked with network availability etc, but crashed regularly.

The next day - the new windows install day: I hooked up my ssd ready to wipe and reinstall windows.... the new system now constantly freezes at post with an A2 qcode. I cannot enter the bios. I have tried this out many times with various drives and cables etc the result is always the same. Ive cleared the bios many times too.

3. I installed a Nmve drive, fresh windows installed - The system constantly crashes, I switch off CBS and PBO with impoves stability a bit.
4. None of the network devices are recognised despite using the most up-to-date drivers available from asus, and trying combinations of network adapters being switched off .

This has now become incredibly time consuming and frustating. Any pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated, otherwise the whole lot is being returned.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
What speed is the memory running at? I would try a single stick and run it at a minimal speed (2666) to eliminate that as a potential cause of instability.

I would also pull the CPU and see if there are any bent pins.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Hi,
I've tried with several reduced ram speeds, it makes little noticable difference. As for the CPU, I've also had it removed several times, checked, double checked etc. physically its all fine.
Ive returned the whole lot back to amazon, something isnt right but I cannot determine what is at fault.