Level 9
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero/HelpDesk_BIOS/

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO BIOS 2311
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 PatchB
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
4. Fixed keyboard device issue

Any testers?

I'm waiting on G.Skill to reply to my e-mail to confirm if they ever got through to ASUS support before I try updating. Still on 1302 due to complications with 2xxx revisions.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
29 REPLIES 29

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Hmm... The question to go back to the next previous Bios is a pertinent one. I would, but have done that before with a different motherboard, and the result was problems then too. In my case the switch back resulted in HWMonitor reporting some crazy clock speed numbers. Whether or not the numbers were accurate, it was extremely vexing and meant I just ended up using a different system--but not a lot of people have that option. Hopefully (but this is doubtful) they fix the problems and get yet another Bios out before long.

I encoutered spontaneous reboots without any BSOD's after updating to bios 2103. The system would reboot to the bios with CPU fan error. This is my first AMD system so I just flashed back to 2206 since I didn't know how to fix the issues and I never had any problems with that bios.

So far so good except I notice that when when running the Aida43 memory benchmarks all scores have dropped except the memory latency.my memory System was at stock with a manual memory overclock @3733MHz. Is there a setting in the bios that I maybe missing that would help to improve the score?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

catch36 wrote:
I encoutered spontaneous reboots without any BSOD's after updating to bios 2103. The system would reboot to the bios with CPU fan error. This is my first AMD system so I just flashed back to 2206 since I didn't know how to fix the issues and I never had any problems with that bios.

So far so good except I notice that when when running the Aida43 memory benchmarks all scores have dropped except the memory latency.my memory System was at stock with a manual memory overclock @3733MHz. Is there a setting in the bios that I maybe missing that would help to improve the score?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

If you use the new aida version then it is normal that the score dropped.
They changed something in the benchmarking. It has nothing to do with the Bios. I read some topic about it in an another forum where some user compared both results with the old and new version.

Thanks for the reply. I did update to latest version of Aida64.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Well, I've put my newest build with a Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard out to pasture (in the closet to collect dust) for now because of 2311 and a sudden power crash (which was instant with no proper shutdowns) and a BSOD. I need a reliable system and it is not worth the hassles to try to tinker--and this is nothing new to me, and I am simply using an older rig in place. It seems to me that when you buy the latest system you get this kind of thing--or that's my experience anyhow. I'm not sure if other makers' high end motherboards have the same kind of Bios problems or not, and have read all makers are the same (but know that idea has limited value). With my Rampage VI Extreme Omega it was around a six month wait when I had Bios problems with it. Let's hope it's not six months in this case.

Jerry_57
Level 7
I installed 2311 and have had no issues. Crosshair Impact VIII. But I have looked and I can't find a setting for S.A.M Does anyone know where it is in the bios?

Previously had bios post/boot freeze issues with the post code 8d. have not had the issue since the update...so far.

StephenM64 wrote:
Previously had bios post/boot freeze issues with the post code 8d. have not had the issue since the update...so far.

I ran into the issue after updating to v2502 on my Crosshair Hero VIII. My system ran fine up to v2206, then I noticed after updating to v2311 I'd get random reboots here and there, as well as trouble posting occasionally. After updating to v2505 my system would randomly reboot more frequently and most of time upon rebooting it would hang up with a QCode 8D. I found if I turned off DOCP and ran the memory at the stock 2133 MHz the random reboots were not as frequent and I didn't see the 8D QCode again. After a lot of frustration trying to resolve the issue I decided to go back to v2206 and I have not any further reboot issues or seen the 8D QCode.

Jerry_57 wrote:
I installed 2311 and have had no issues. Crosshair Impact VIII. But I have looked and I can't find a setting for S.A.M Does anyone know where it is in the bios?

It'll probably only show or be available if you run a zen 3 CPU.

purecain
Level 9
Updated to 2311 and now my keyboard lights no longer function. The motherboard gives error c5 when using 4 sticks of ram. So now stuck using 2. No boot if any settings changed that affect ram speed or infinity fabric.

My pc was fully functional and fully updated and now it runs buggy, i cant see the keys on my keyboard to even type. I'm seriously unhappy with the outcome of this bios update. Even after rolling back the bios to 2206 then 2103.

Ive been repairing and building custom pc's for 25yrs and this has me stumped. The boards bios needs wiping completely. Do we have any tool for the desktop or am i looking at buying a bios r/w to repair the bios out of the board????
edit
You can fix the keyboard bug by redownloading the firmware on corsair brand.

The memory fix for a lot of us is actually our RGB ram becoming corrupt. You can solve your ram issues by downloading thiaphoon burner and flashing your spd's on each stick.
This solved my motherboard no longer working with 4 sticks.
I was also able to get much better performance as a result.
The bios update caused some corruption across my devices or it happened over time. Iether way some of you reading this need to try the fix's ive used here. I replaced the TIM aswell. Good luck This solved the F8 OD C5 errors! now all fixed!
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal