cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build LED problem

eyghon
Level 8
Hi all,

Just finished a rebuild of my system using a Corsair 5000x along with a Crosshair VIII Hero 570 and Strix LC240 RGB, I added a SP120 RGB Elite to the rear.

Problem is I can't get LED to work on the LC240 fans, I have the 4 case fans plugged into ports 1-4 on the 5000x controller and they are working fine, the LC240 fans are plugged into ports 5 & 6 of the controller for power with the RGB lead connected to the 4-way addressable cable that came with the LC240, that is then plugged into the RGB header next to the RAM slots.

Where have I gone wrong?

Regards

Craig
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi eyghon,

Welcome to the ROG forum !

According to the manual, there is an RGB header as well as an Addressable RGB gen2 header near the ram slots.

Make sure the ARGB cable is connected to the ADD Gen2_1 header.

I have connected both fans to the 4-way splitter provided with the LC240 and tried this in both 6 & 7, neither allow the LEDs to function using either Armoury Crate or iCue. I now have both LC240 fans plugged into the mobo rather than the 5000x controller for power and now have one of them plugged into #7 but still no lighting, think I'm just gonna replace the Asus fans with two more SP120 Elites :rolleyes:

Thanks for that, already ordered two more Corsair fans.