cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build Crosshair hero VII and Asus 1080ti turbo unusable

Shalloe
Level 7
Hello

Yesterday I purchase an upgrade for my gaming systems with a new Crosshair hero vii motherboard along with a ryzen 7 2700x and an ASUS 1080ti turbo and 16gb of corsair ram. Installed all with a 650w with a fresh install of windows 10 on my ssd.

All seems fine when I first get it up and running and install drivers and put football on to stream while I get the rest set up and theres this audio blip all the time whenever the computer seems to be under load if the audio is through the speakers. (if audio is switched to HDMI output through tv, this sound blip causes the sound through tv to fail and no sound play until switch back to speaker output). Also tried it in game getting the same audio blips causing massive lag spikes in game.

Tried all day yesterday to fix this and have ran out of ideas. tried drivers that came with everything. newist drivers downloaded (interestingly the latest nvidia driver seem to cause even more unstability with black screens and loss of video to go with it) Must of had re-installed windows 10 5 times now trying different drivers from fresh and nothing seems to make any difference.

I read somewhere that it could be caused by dpc issues and ran a program called latencyMon attached results from just 20 seconds of running it while playing an video stream and switching between a few tasks running nothing heavy and coming up with massive dpc and isr counts on dxgkrnl.sys, HDAudBus.sys and others

Was wondering if anyone has come across this issue or similar before. Is it drivers or do I maybe have a faulty board or something?
2 REPLIES 2

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
yep, i have being checking these issues since 2 ver ago on the nvidia drivers. And i find out that on the last windows update mess up some problems. Try disable the HD sounds form the monitors on audio devices etc. I manege to get use to these since there are to many variables on what is and who to blame to that. please check,. 1 use the WINDOWS build in audio selection not the sonic studio and see if the problem persist. that will work and apper once the application is active. If that does not work. and want to hear the game on the TV, there is another way. 2. The other way is On asus realtek maneger, there is a way to activate the dual audio source, so you can use send and manage 2 signal at the same time. take you time. I will not have internet form today until the afternoon of the 21. I will try check your feedback on my cellphone and check. I was planning to get another cpu to make take on the ryzen side, but that will be for another time.

From my side, with the introduction on some features of windows, my audio drivers 6.0.1.8273 and some features of directx from the last nvidia drivers, as put some issues and since nvidia also manage audio, also make some other problems. i manage 2 27inch 144hz screens, and some time the audio drivers get crazy and also add problems on random bsod caused by windows directx and new nvidia drivers. i will continue checking these and send feed back to each manufactures.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Shalloe
Level 7
Have done another fresh install of windows and notice the exact moment it started happening. windows 10 was auto installing driver for video card and as soon as that popped up in device manager as gefore 1080ti instead of Microsoft basic display adapter (not installed) the audio starts playing up. Removing the installed driver clears it straight away. Just putting all other drivers on and then going to see if I can find a old rev of driver that runs ok.