Hello,
Working on new build....
MB: ASUS Crossfire VII Hero x470
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
PSU: EVGA 1000 G+
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti 06G-P4-1667-KR
Memory: HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3K4/32
M.2: Samsung V-NAND SSD 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2

I have been encountering a Q-Code of 02 and the Boot Led illuminated. I have RMA'd the motherboard, but still same issue. I believe one of the M.2 sticks is hosed since Windows doesn't recognize it as a drive to install. So, after I swapped it out , still get the Q-Code 02 and Boot Led, but was able to install Windows after exiting the Bios Menu without saving.

So, I just ordered different memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) to see if that is the issue. Will be here in 4 days. If that does not fix the issue, then next would be a graphics card swap-out.

Has anyone has issue with the GTX 1660 Ti cards?

Before you ask, I have re-seated, unplugged, re-plugged and done several Bios down grades and upgrades. The current Bios level is 3004.
11 REPLIES 11

bluestang
Level 7
dehinson wrote:

Has anyone has issue with the GTX 1660 Ti cards?

I'm on 3004 BIOS on my CH7 with a 3900X and 2x 1660ti without an issues.

While I am waiting for the new dram sticks to arrive, I thought I'd do some more analysis....

I noticed that the boot led lights up when Q-Code 99 is first displayed. Hmm, maybe even though I can boot from the M.2, it's the issue with the boot led. So, I removed the M.2 and plugged in a Samsung 860 EVO SSD. Still the same issue, green/yellow boot led and Q-Code 02.

Also, I unplugged the Corsair H115i Pro water cooler from the board, only temporarily, to see if that was the issue. Nope same issue.

Thank you for the reply on the graphics card. But it is not eliminated yet.

davemon50
Level 11
PSU may be giving you the issue. Also make sure you have the 24 pin power firmly seated and you have all the power connectors firmly connected and seated to the board (8 pin + 4 pin 12V power on your board at the top). Try swapping the PSU for a temp if you have all those connectors seated well.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
PSU may be giving you the issue. Also make sure you have the 24 pin power firmly seated and you have all the power connectors firmly connected and seated to the board (8 pin + 4 pin 12V power on your board at the top). Try swapping the PSU for a temp if you have all those connectors seated well.

I un-plug and re-plug the PSU cables. Same deal. I did get the G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) ram sticks in and installed. The same issue persists. I guess I will have to reach out to EVGA regarding the PSU.

Yea, I have the x470-f and since the 1.0.0.4 b agesa I can't use ram with higher speed than 3200 MHz. Once I go over that it just won't boot the system at all, even with incredibly loose timings. The dram led turns on and that's about it.

I downgraded my bios to the 1.0.0.3 abba and it works fine with 3600 MHz without any problem.

Odd question...
I am NOT using the CPU fans headers on the motherboard for my water cooling solution.
When I boot up, I get this message...

"CPU fan speed error detected. Ensure that the CPU fan is is properly installed on the CPU_FAN header or adjust/disable the fan speed low limit option in option in the UEFI bios.

Press F1 to run the SET-UP."

Now I have placed the low fan speed to IGNORE on the two CUP_FAN headers. But still get this message. This wouldn't be the cause of the Q-Code 02 and Boot Led?

dehinson wrote:
Odd question...
I am NOT using the CPU fans headers on the motherboard for my water cooling solution.
When I boot up, I get this message...

"CPU fan speed error detected. Ensure that the CPU fan is is properly installed on the CPU_FAN header or adjust/disable the fan speed low limit option in option in the UEFI bios.

Press F1 to run the SET-UP."

Now I have placed the low fan speed to IGNORE on the two CUP_FAN headers. But still get this message. This wouldn't be the cause of the Q-Code 02 and Boot Led?

1) For the fan issue, simply set to "Ignore" in Monitor section in the BIOS.

2) For the POST problem, did you try to reflash the BIOS using the Flashback method? Did you try to set all RAM's values to Auto in the BIOS?

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

davemon50
Level 11
If you don't want to use CPU_FAN for the AIO cooler then use it for a case fan.
Davemon50

Mmuro010
Level 7
I just had this Q-Code, it has been the hardest code to resolve and there is no actual definition of what it is. In my case, I had everything working fine, I decided to do some maintenance, on reboot I got the 02. For me it ended up being I had a pin on my 3950x slightly bent. I was lucky enough to work it straight.

Good luck