KotOr368
Level 9
Asus start pushing new BIOS

Crosshair series new bios 2010 include AM4 combo V2 PI 1.0.0.1 patch B

x570 strix-e new bios 1409 (no info)
16 REPLIES 16

DAOWAce
Level 9
Finally a new BIOS.. and probably zero change to memory support after all my attempted inquiries to customer support trying to get them to forward my SPD dumps to the engineering team to support my memory that's been working just fine in an Intel board for the last 5 years..

Guess I'll have to subject myself to testing the new BIOS, and reconfiguring everything after it fails to POST and fails to reload numerous settings from the profile system, because ASUS just can't get that fixed either.

I don't know why ASUS has such major issues with BIOS now. Used to be the industry leaders, now they have just as many problems as everyone else.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.

DAOWAce wrote:
Guess I'll have to subject myself to testing the new BIOS, and reconfiguring everything after it fails to POST and fails to reload numerous settings from the profile system, because ASUS just can't get that fixed either.

Save profile settings only work when there is not changes to the actual save system as well. You had better record your manual ram settings becuase 100% certain they will not work in the new BIOS and you will need to manually enter them and save to a new config file. CH8 2101 Bios from 1903.

DAOWAce wrote:
Finally a new BIOS.. and probably zero change to memory support after all my attempted inquiries to customer support trying to get them to forward my SPD dumps to the engineering team to support my memory that's been working just fine in an Intel board for the last 5 years..

Finally tested all these weeks later.

Absolutely zero changes to memory support.

Instead, they completely changed the entire BIOS internals causing all old profiles to be invalid (if attempting to load, it would set blank or incorrect values), requiring full manual reconfiguration of every single setting. For some reason, it didn't also wipe the old profiles, despite them being incompatible. AFAIK you can't downgrade from this version.

There doesn't seem to be an out for me. I'm out the money I spent on this board (and the AM4 platform) and ASUS support has refused to listen to my inquires after half a year. The only option is wasting even more money on replacement RAM, replace the Mobo and hope a different one has proper support, or suffering degraded performance until DDR5 is available with a new platform.

Where's Raja when you need him?
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.

DAOWAce wrote:
Finally tested all these weeks later.

Absolutely zero changes to memory support.

Instead, they completely changed the entire BIOS internals causing all old profiles to be invalid (if attempting to load, it would set blank or incorrect values), requiring full manual reconfiguration of every single setting. For some reason, it didn't also wipe the old profiles, despite them being incompatible. AFAIK you can't downgrade from this version.

There doesn't seem to be an out for me. I'm out the money I spent on this board (and the AM4 platform) and ASUS support has refused to listen to my inquires after half a year. The only option is wasting even more money on replacement RAM, replace the Mobo and hope a different one has proper support, or suffering degraded performance until DDR5 is available with a new platform.

Where's Raja when you need him?

Why don't you just learn how to configure your RAM yourself? It's free of charge, no money involved. Just takes a few reboots and a couple of clear cmos to find the right settings. You even have a Clear Cmos button on the backpanel.

I run G.Skill memory explicitly made for Intel, it's B-die but they where made before Ryzen even existed. Some trial and error and I run stable at 3800MHz with 60GB/s bandwith and 64ns latency on 1.36V.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

xeizo wrote:
Why don't you just learn how to configure your RAM yourself? It's free of charge, no money involved. Just takes a few reboots and a couple of clear cmos to find the right settings. You even have a Clear Cmos button on the backpanel.

I run G.Skill memory explicitly made for Intel, it's B-die but they where made before Ryzen even existed. Some trial and error and I run stable at 3800MHz with 60GB/s bandwith and 64ns latency on 1.36V.

I wonder if I have the same B-die Trident's (minus the RGB) made like u said before Ryzen existed.
Mine are 16-18-18-38-56 3200@1.35V.
I was playing with it like upping the freq to 3600 with various timings without success.
IF your sticks are 3200, could you please share your timings?

xeizo
Level 12
Mine are 3600 17-19-19-19-39-58 / 1.35V ( F4-3600C17-16GTZR ), chips are K4A8G085WB-BCPB 8 Gb B-die (20 nm) / 1 die. PCB is double sided (dual rank).

And this is what I run

Proc ODT is 36.9, all CAD BUS DrvStren are 24 Ohm, the few remaining settings on Auto

SOC is 1.075V, VDIMM is 1.36V, CLDO VDDP is 900mV and CLDO VDDG is 950mV
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

Ah, unreachable for my memories.
Mine are @3200.
Thanx man.