cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BIOS 4201 X570

Baalberith_NL
Level 10
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO BIOS 4201
1. Update AGESA version to ComboV2PI 1207.
2. Improve system stability.
AMD 5900X
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
64GB G. Skill 3600Mhz C16
Cooler Master Master Liquid PL360 Flux
Be Quiet Dark Power 12 Pro 1500Watt
2 x Samsung 980Pro 1TB
1 x 10TB WD Black
1 x Asus Strix RTX 3080Ti OC
CoolerMaster C700M
Samsung G7 Odyssey 32inch
5 REPLIES 5

Barryboy
Level 7
Works like a charm. ZERO issues for me. Very happy with this stable BIOS. Thank you
ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO
5900X
MSI 3080 Ti
Corsair 32GB 3600MHZ

GoLLuM13
Level 7
I'm still having problems with this BIOS version, same problems I'm having since BIOS 3904 based on AGESA 1.2.0.5. AMD introduced some kind of bug that made my PC unstable (and I'm not the only one apparently there's a reddit post that I made with many feedbacks) the issue affects Ryzen 3000 CPUs, it goes from losing performance to total instability
Main PC : Asus C8HW / AMD Ryzen 9 3900x / 32 Go 3000 Mhz C15 Corsair Vengeance RGB / nVidia RTX 3090 FE / Sabrent Rocket 4.0 500G / Noctua NH-D15S Chromax.Black / Lian-li O11 Dynamic XL RoG Certified / Corsair AX1500i
Secondary PC : Asus R5E / Intel i7 5930K / 16 Go 2800 Mhz C16 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 / Asus GTX 980 Poseidon / Samsung 850 Pro 256G / XSPC W/C / Cooler Master Cosmos 2 / FSP Hydro G Pro 850

I am running 4201 and I haven't had any major issues like I was before.
I have possibly narrowed down my issues to two factors. I use VM's and I ended up turning off SR-IOV support in eufi and experienced less crashes. You may not have that on or use that feature. I no longer use that feature not having two video cards installed, so I can reasonably turn it off anyway.
The second likely culprit is I turned PBO fmax enhancer and as far as I can tell, I haven't had my daily crashes.

I had been meaning to test if asus AI suite was a culprit as when I updated to 4004 and 4006 and my RBG system was messed up, I went through armoury crate and updated AI suite 3 to the latest. I know in the past for some people, there had been some major issues with it causing system instability and that was updated roughly the same time these crashes started happening.
The other issue I went through was my memory timings, I had ran the ryzen calculator, determined some good values for tighter timings and had a very stable system up until that point. However I lost those timings after a bios update and importing them wasn't an option. So I assumed I was having issues there and went back to default values even.
I want to say turning off an on options, The PBO fmax enhancer may have been the root cause and as far as I am aware I am not experiencing a crash at least once a day. I still have yet to spend more than a few hours in the evening to determine if it's fully gone.

GoLLuM13
Level 7
I do use VMs too, and tried with and without this options, tried a lot of things actually, and changing VDDCR SOC Voltage to Offset mode was the best option even it wasn't stable, I could boot but not restart. Let's say it's a bit more complicated for Ryzen 3000 CPUs there's a whole reddit thread about it and here's the "conclusion" : https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/uquyu1/comment/i92su02/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&con...
Main PC : Asus C8HW / AMD Ryzen 9 3900x / 32 Go 3000 Mhz C15 Corsair Vengeance RGB / nVidia RTX 3090 FE / Sabrent Rocket 4.0 500G / Noctua NH-D15S Chromax.Black / Lian-li O11 Dynamic XL RoG Certified / Corsair AX1500i
Secondary PC : Asus R5E / Intel i7 5930K / 16 Go 2800 Mhz C16 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 / Asus GTX 980 Poseidon / Samsung 850 Pro 256G / XSPC W/C / Cooler Master Cosmos 2 / FSP Hydro G Pro 850

in_mono
Level 7
Any idea why this version isn't listed any more for the Dark Hero? I installed it a couple of months ago, I see there's a newer one too, but it's weird to not see this one listed. Was there a security vulnerability in it - the one that the last version claims to mitigate - or does that apply to all previous versions?