CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case
46 REPLIES 46

I installed but it takes forever to open and when it does it crashes. Does anybody know why?

MichaelGivens wrote:
I installed but it takes forever to open and when it does it crashes. Does anybody know why?

Clean registry first before reinstalling new version, it appears some people have similar problem. Also make sure you have latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Bahz wrote:
Clean registry first before reinstalling new version, it appears some people have similar problem. Also make sure you have latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Bahz,

Can you please tell us which registry items in particular we need to clear.

alexjames wrote:
Bahz,

Can you please tell us which registry items in particular we need to clear.

You should clear everything that's not needed, but make a backup in case it causes any issues with other software.

SexyTerrorisT
Level 9
I decided to finally test the software after all the controversy surrounding it.

It seems to work pretty good all around though it did find a couple bugs in rainbow mode.

1. When in rainbow mode with 4 gskill RBG memory modules rainbow cycles trhough dimms 1,3,2,4 instead 1,2,3,4 that the memory modules behave when no Aura software is installed.

2. When setting to rainbow mode and gradient if you turn the 2 edges on the wheel more than 360 degree (maybe less or more) the seem to get stuck forever.

Closing the software and rebooting the computer does not solve it and you can't tweak the gradient color wheel any more at all.

Only way to fix the issues is to uninstall and reinstall. I am attaching a picture of the gradient color wheel pointers being stuck under rainbow mode.

Using BIOS 1401

SexyTerrorisT wrote:
I decided to finally test the software after all the controversy surrounding it.

It seems to work pretty good all around though it did find a couple bugs in rainbow mode.

1. When in rainbow mode with 4 gskill RBG memory modules rainbow cycles trhough dimms 1,3,2,4 instead 1,2,3,4 that the memory modules behave when no Aura software is installed.

2. When setting to rainbow mode and gradient if you turn the 2 edges on the wheel more than 360 degree (maybe less or more) the seem to get stuck forever.

Closing the software and rebooting the computer does not solve it and you can't tweak the gradient color wheel any more at all.

Only way to fix the issues is to uninstall and reinstall. I am attaching a picture of the gradient color wheel pointers being stuck under rainbow mode.

Using BIOS 1401

I had this problem too. If the wheel gets stuck click onto comet or flash and dash then click back and you should be able to move it again.

MichaelGivens wrote:
I had this problem too. If the wheel gets stuck click onto comet or flash and dash then click back and you should be able to move it again.

Thank you both for reporting this bug, I'll pass this on to our software team.

SexyTerrorisT wrote:

Up on the top-bar you have a setup (wrench tool icon) that I used to set up the correct color order on external LED-strips. Try this for your memories.

SIMONHANDLEY1
Level 7
So may I ask when the separate tool will be available to fix the Asus Aura fault, I have all the latest software including Aura, but mine was one of the original boards that only worked the very first time, on the first power up, then never again, it's been nearly 4 months now, any ideas?

SIMONHANDLEY1 wrote:
So may I ask when the separate tool will be available to fix the Asus Aura fault, I have all the latest software including Aura, but mine was one of the original boards that only worked the very first time, on the first power up, then never again, it's been nearly 4 months now, any ideas?

Still being worked on but we'll release it as soon as possible once it has been fully tested through internal process. Raja will update more information on this once he receives update from R&D team.