cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODDED BIOS FILES EFI Intel RAID ROM 15.1.0.2545 Download

BOLTS4BREKFAST
Level 12
**ALL FILES UPDATED WITH LATEST MICROCODE - MARCH 11 2018 - 6:15PM EST**

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Amy65Cmu51iJz0W2-V6VlOozxl7K

*That link should take you to the main folder where you can find the motherboard model you want along with the bios version.*
*NVME TESTING folder contains BIOS files that have been modded for NVME support*

*if you have a special request for another bios revision just post on this thread or PM me... please be patient since for some reason I no longer receive email notifications from Asus Forum when I get PM's or to subscribed threads.*

**if you'd like to make a donation follow the link below. Thank you!**
https://www.paypal.me/gmpcrepair

**MUST BE FLASHED USING BIOS FLASHBACK METHOD**
http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_bios_flashback_guide/
NZXT Phantom 820
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
NZXT HALE90v2 1200w PSU
Intel i7 3960X OC'd @ 4.7Ghz
Corsair H100i (Push/Pull)
MSI GAMING 4G GTX 980
16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz
2 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
2 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
SoundBlaster Z PCIe Sound Card
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
Sennheiser PC360 Headset
LG Blu-Ray Burner
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
449,457 Views
665 REPLIES 665

drrobbi wrote:

Hello everyone,
I have an ASUS P9X79Pro and I would like to have NVME support directly through the UEFI so I can boot from it. Unfortunately, only a MOD Bios for the X79Deluxe is offered here. But i have a Mainboard from the P9-X79 Series. Asus make differences beetween this. I would try a File from a P9x79-deluxe but the x79 Series without P9 in the Name is a little different so i would dont try it, to avoid destroying my board.
I have already tried to mod the UEFI myself, unfortunately without success. Is it possible that one of you performs this mod and the bios file offers here?

I bought a very fast Kingston NVME and would like to try to boot from it.

I would be very happy for Help.
THX

btw Happy Eastern @all


Please look in the "NVME TESTING" folder. P9X79 PRO is already there with 2 different BIOS versions - 4701 or 4801
It looks like you were looking within the root folder. Those BIOS files are not modded for NVME.
NZXT Phantom 820
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
NZXT HALE90v2 1200w PSU
Intel i7 3960X OC'd @ 4.7Ghz
Corsair H100i (Push/Pull)
MSI GAMING 4G GTX 980
16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz
2 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
2 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
SoundBlaster Z PCIe Sound Card
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
Sennheiser PC360 Headset
LG Blu-Ray Burner
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

fantastic !!!

Thank you very much.
You was right, so i had looked only in root Folder, sorry for this but i am a old men LOL

I have flashed the Bios and in bios i can choose the boot a new Option "PATA SM" so i think this is the nvme device. I will test it and will Report soon.

So i was happy about a modded Bios from BOLTS4BREKFAST .

I have tested it but it was a Problem with installing Windows direkt to the NVME device.
Because it is so, although I can select the NVME in the Bios, even if I start the Windows setup the drive is indicated to me.
However i want install Windows on it I get the message that windows can not be installed on this drive there mine system supposedly can not boot from it. WTF??

I will do a second test tomorrow, i will disconnect all other drives and will boot from a UEFI stick without boot Menue, so i hope Windows will accept my NVME as boot drive.

if not, I just keep in mind that I am using a sata ssd boot and using NVME for data.

drrobbi wrote:
So i was happy about a modded Bios from BOLTS4BREKFAST .

I have tested it but it was a Problem with installing Windows direkt to the NVME device.
Because it is so, although I can select the NVME in the Bios, even if I start the Windows setup the drive is indicated to me.
However i want install Windows on it I get the message that windows can not be installed on this drive there mine system supposedly can not boot from it. WTF??

I will do a second test tomorrow, i will disconnect all other drives and will boot from a UEFI stick without boot Menue, so i hope Windows will accept my NVME as boot drive.

if not, I just keep in mind that I am using a sata ssd boot and using NVME for data.


And the NVME is the only drive connected, when you boot for installing?
Did the trick for me on the BlackEdition.
XII

Hello BOLTS4BREAKFAST.
Firstlly thanks for Great job that you are doing. I have one question. I recently bought new ECC memory for my system.
Im useing R4F with your modified bios from NVRAM testing. Before i had 16gb of HyperX memory and everything was Great. But now with this new 64GB kit I can´t boot. Im Useing Xeon E5 2680 V2 as a cpu. I can boot with 1 stick of 2GB ECC mem and 3 sticks of 16GB each in to do Windows but Windows sees only 2 gb. CPUZ sees all the memory. In bios I can see the memory info but capacity is missing. Any chance to make it work?

insane2323 wrote:
Hello BOLTS4BREAKFAST.
Firstlly thanks for Great job that you are doing. I have one question. I recently bought new ECC memory for my system.
Im useing R4F with your modified bios from NVRAM testing. Before i had 16gb of HyperX memory and everything was Great. But now with this new 64GB kit I can´t boot. Im Useing Xeon E5 2680 V2 as a cpu. I can boot with 1 stick of 2GB ECC mem and 3 sticks of 16GB each in to do Windows but Windows sees only 2 gb. CPUZ sees all the memory. In bios I can see the memory info but capacity is missing. Any chance to make it work?



You can't mix ECC and Non ECC RAM.


It's all or nothing.


XDragon

Thanks for your modded BIOSes.

I am using your latest RIVE BIOS which works fine. Now I am trying to mod it with the newest NVME moudle (NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs from 2018/04/18). I am using CodeRush's UEFITool v0.22.4. I have no problem modding it and I get no error messages but the BIOS just won't flash. Nothing happens when I push the "Flashback" button. UEFITool should display a warning if the BIOS size is too big so I guess there is some other problem. Is there a checksum check (or similar) during "Flashback" method?
I have compared it with your NVME modded BIOS and I can't really find any difference.

Do you recommend any other software to mod the BIOS?

Here is a link to the module:

https://mega.nz/#!5I8HiIbA!iiE0K-g8uKPI-GA08c0UGp_lsFKNyEpcQcyemdPeH-Y

Ice009
Level 7
Hi BOLTS4BREKFAST,

I wasn't trying to say/imply that your BIOSes might have issues, I was just asking if it's possible to get issues from updating all that stuff.

So for IRST drivers, I'd need to get the version that matches your update for best performance and to also have better compatibility? Would others still work if I couldn't find that version? Where would I go to get 15.x version of RST drivers?

Also, do I need to match up any of the other things you updated. Do I need to get the latest LAN drivers too?

Thanks for explaining how updating this stuff would work if Asus were to do it. I guess they wouldn't release anything without testing it thoroughly, and it would take too much time for them to go through all their old Motherboards as they can't just update it without testing it. I also didn't think about matching up each BIOS update ROM version number to the corresponding driver/software versions, and also the module not being able to support the hardware after a certain point.

Thanks for all the awesome work, I will try and give you a donation at some point in the next few weeks. Got some otherf stuff to pay for right now (outside of computers), but I'll try and give you some sort of donation if/when I can.

I will definitely give your BIOSes a try. Right now I'm just using a regular HDD as I can't afford to buy an NVMe SSD and expansion card to test it out (got other things outside of computer hardware that I have to prioritize first). I might even have to end up buying a regular SATA SSD that has a higher TBW rating as I seem to chew through quite a bit of writes on a per day basis. I have to have a lot at what the TBW rating is on these newer NVMe SSDs.

Has anyone tried a cheaper or different PCI-e NVMe expansion card other than the Asus one? That's the one I'd prefer to get, but it's $50 AUD and there is other brands that are around 30-40% cheaper.

One other question, when downgrading the BIOS version, or if switching back to an OEM version, do those ROM updates remain, or do they get downgraded to an older version?

Hello BOLTS4BREKFAST, Would it be possible for me to get a fully updated BIOS and NVME for the Rampage IV Formula without the microcode update? I want to put a NVME card in my system but don't want the performance impact of the update. *Right now I'm running stock 5001 BIOS. Regarding installing a flashed BIOS, is it the same process as normal where you put on a flash drive? Is there a guide somewhere I can consult? Has anyone had any luck adding a bootable Samsung 960 Pro to their system? Are there any performance impacts? Thanks for your help ALL!

Squidmaster7 wrote:
Hello BOLTS4BREKFAST, Would it be possible for me to get a fully updated BIOS and NVME for the Rampage IV Formula without the microcode update? I want to put a NVME card in my system but don't want the performance impact of the update. *Right now I'm running stock 5001 BIOS. Regarding installing a flashed BIOS, is it the same process as normal where you put on a flash drive? Is there a guide somewhere I can consult? Has anyone had any luck adding a bootable Samsung 960 Pro to their system? Are there any performance impacts? Thanks for your help ALL!


*Please PM me with your BIOS request so I can send you the file directly.

To flash a modded BIOS, follow the instructions listed here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback
NZXT Phantom 820
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
NZXT HALE90v2 1200w PSU
Intel i7 3960X OC'd @ 4.7Ghz
Corsair H100i (Push/Pull)
MSI GAMING 4G GTX 980
16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz
2 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
2 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
SoundBlaster Z PCIe Sound Card
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
Sennheiser PC360 Headset
LG Blu-Ray Burner
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit