cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M2 cold boot time

jbasemoine
Level 9
Hi there just wanted to know what the average cold boot up time whit a M2 ssd.
I use the 960 Evo (250gb) of samsung.
and have a avarage cool boot up time (from pc speaker sound/bleep till desktop screen appears) of 20 seconds.
Just want to know if this is normal or if i could up the time of a cold boot.

p.s. Avarage cold boot time is 17 seconds* that is minus the 3 seconds of post reporting!
13 REPLIES 13

eight-bit
Level 7
jbasemoine wrote:
Hi there just wanted to know what the average cold boot up time whit a M2 ssd.
I use the 960 Evo (250gb) of samsung.
and have a avarage cool boot up time (from pc speaker sound/bleep till desktop screen appears) of 20 seconds.
Just want to know if this is normal or if i could up the time of a cold boot.

p.s. Avarage cold boot time is 17 seconds* that is minus the 3 seconds of post reporting!

I don't have a speaker connected to the mobo , so i can't directly correlate, but most of my time is spent in post. once the win10 spinny cirlce thing starts right after "press del or f2 for setup" goes away, I have a usable desktop in around 5 sec.

Edit: Evo 960 500GB

eight-bit wrote:
I don't have a speaker connected to the mobo , so i can't directly correlate, but most of my time is spent in post. once the win10 spinny cirlce thing starts right after "press del or f2 for setup" goes away, I have a usable desktop in around 5 sec.

Edit: Evo 960 500GB

Check Task Manager - > Startup -> Last BIOS time. Mine is usually 22-24 seconds, but right now it is showing 55.1 seconds. o.O

PeZzy wrote:
Check Task Manager - > Startup -> Last BIOS time. Mine is usually 22-24 seconds, but right now it is showing 55.1 seconds. o.O

Will check this when I get home.

PeZzy wrote:

Mine is 19.9 sec .

PeZzy wrote:

^ This shows "22.0 Seconds"

With stopwatch: Power button to desktop = 29 sec, power button to Win10 spinning dots = 23 sec, then 6 sec to desktop.

jbasemoine
Level 9
Ok then it seems my m2 SSd is running correctly, was wondering if i set my bios correct!
I have a cold boot between 22 and 18 seconds (22 with 3 seconds post reporting).
Thanks for the info!!!

PeZzy
Level 7
Mine is usually 24.6 seconds and I hear my ATAPI Bluray drive being constantly polled during startup. I think it is slowing things down, but I can see nothing in the BIOS to stop it from 'pinging' the empty drive. My 960 Evo is the only device on the boot list.

BaneSilvermoon
Level 7
23.9 seconds for me. The majority of that time being at initial post.

my boot time seems exceptionally slow, aprox 40 secs. considering I have Samsung 960 Evo 250GB

Using Win 7... bios 1201