cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost M.2 heatsink screw for X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

coyote2
Level 7
I lost and need to replace one of the M.2 heatsink screws for my X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero.

They're the long black ones, for the M.2 slot farther from the CPU.

Where can I get them, please?
27 REPLIES 27

Where are you located?? I may have a few of those screws here from motherboards I didnt use the boards heatsink on...

coyote2 wrote:
I tried quite a few approaches. I went to ASUS' Twitter and Facebook pages, from which I got lazy responses.

I got a much more energetic response from contacting the ASUS "CEO's Office" at https://www.asus.com/us/support/article/787. They offered this diagram unprompted:

(Though while they've sent me a lot of messages, last I heard the part's department is 'looking for' the screw.)

coyote2
Level 7
Thank you for the kind offer, JBish, but a this point as I mentioned upthread I switched to superior aftermarket heatsinks, so the only reason I'd like a replacement is in case that changes somehow. I guess what I'm thinking is that there's no need for your extra to become my extra.

No worries... Found one laying around... Was just a thought...
:cool:
coyote2 wrote:
Thank you for the kind offer, JBish, but a this point as I mentioned upthread I switched to superior aftermarket heatsinks, so the only reason I'd like a replacement is in case that changes somehow. I guess what I'm thinking is that there's no need for your extra to become my extra.

Thanks for the explanation. It seems to me that it is worth talking about saving personal data during use. A similar situation occurs when using social media. At https://samploon.com/free-essays/social-media/ you can read useful articles about social media and privacy.

ationfictons
Level 10
I've got to wonder how much it's cost Asus just to avoid sending you that $0.03 screw. Ditto for their refusing to send me a chipset fan replacement.

ationfictons wrote:
I've got to wonder how much it's cost Asus just to avoid sending you that $0.03 screw. Ditto for their refusing to send me a chipset fan replacement.
That's a very interestingly-phrased question.

I imagine that the cost is in future customers. I think that cost outweighs what they have saved by not caring about customers enough to stock and make available such parts; that wouldn't be nothing, but it probably wouldn't be more than a buck or two per motherboard.

ationfictons
Level 10
Along with wondering about loss of future customers, I was wondering how much they were paying for technical support to field your questions and for management to yell at someone to provide a screw diagram to send you. I read something once that with only a couple of technical support calls, many companies eat up their whole profit margin on a product for that person.

Brian191
Level 7

For anyone reading this in the future, who has the same problem and cannot get a replacement screw from ASUS: 

You need a M2 * 7.5 laptop screw.  There are ASUS laptop screws for sale in this size (see link below). They are exactly the right size and also black colored. Only difference is they are threaded all the way (and not just the tip of the screw). And the head has a slightly smaller diameter. But they work perfectly.

https://www.zandparts.com/en/asus-13nx01c0m04011 

I also have one spare original heatsink screw available if anyone is interested (ASUS Holland sent me two replacement screws and I only needed one).  If anyone needs one, send me a message.  I'm from the Netherlands but I can send it to you.

-Brian