cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest C7H BIOS

Shamino
492 REPLIES 492

I am running a 2700x with Flare X 3200 ram.
After updating to the latest bios my system always shuts off on a restart.
Back to 2304 for me.

theAlmightyEyeball wrote:
Back to 2304 for me.

I have the CH7, a 2700X and 32GB of Flare X (4x 8GB) and do not see this behaviour on BIOS 2801. BIOS settings are default other than turning on DOCP standard, Performance enhancer L3 and SVM mode.

theAlmightyEyeball wrote:
Back to 2304 for me.
Same here,

Using Bios 2304 on a CH7 and a 2700X.

Have tried latest bios 2801 and on a cold boot system shuts down, restarts and runs normal.

24XX has mouse issues and anything after that bios wise has the above issue, a restart on cold boot.

2304 and prior bioses do not have this issue.

I see that some have similar problems and some don't..

Any ideas guy's?

kemicalchaos wrote:
Same here,

Using Bios 2304 on a CH7 and a 2700X.

Have tried latest bios 2801 and on a cold boot system shuts down, restarts and runs normal.

24XX has mouse issues and anything after that bios wise has the above issue, a restart on cold boot.

2304 and prior bioses do not have this issue.

I see that some have similar problems and some don't..

Any ideas guy's?

Also 2700X user here, everything above 2406 is in some ways broken for me, one of the versions constantly bluescreened, now on 2406, I can live without the mouse. At this point, I think it either works or we have to live with that and there is no changing it until the BIOS is fixed.

This is somewhat similar to my experience with the Aura software (or Asus software in general like AI Suite and Asus Updater causing bluescreens and hard crashes that make my BIOS reset): it worked only in the beginning. Either a BIOS or Aura update broke it so hard, I could not fix it and I've tried every possible solution except reinstalling Windows 10 (not worth it). Crashes instantly upon starting... I wasted so much time, I've given up on Asus software except drivers. I never encountered worse software in my life!

Sorry if this does not help in any way, I just needed to vent.

I'm using the latest BIOS with a 3900X and my PC shutdown instead of restarting (after clicking restart on windows).

Oddly enough is not happening anymore, no idea why since I didn't move anything on my bios... and no windows update, I tried a fresh Windows install and the issue was still there.

1) It never happened before this bios

2) It never happened when I was using my 2600X

PS: I do think it has to do with the RAM but I'm not sure.

Hey - so I cannot get my bus clock to be 100. It is always on 99.8 - is there anything manual that I should be doing? Currently only XMP enabled.

ai overlock timer ----> manual
blck frequency -------> 100
|/ Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic - Black.
|/ Corsair RM1000x & CableMod Classic ModFlex Black-Blue.
|/ Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi.
|/ AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D.
|/ AIO Corsair H150i Elite LCD & CableMod A​IO Sleevin​g Blue.
|/ G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32Go DDR5-6000 CL30-38-38-96.
|/ Gainward GeForce RTX 4090 Phantom & Cable Corsair 12 Pins.
|/ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB / Samsung 980 PRO 2TB / Seagate BarraCuda 4 To.

Max1mus91 wrote:
Hey - so I cannot get my bus clock to be 100. It is always on 99.8 - is there anything manual that I should be doing? Currently only XMP enabled.

turn off spread spectrum

darkage wrote:
turn off spread spectrum

Well yeah, that is the solution, but unless you have a modded bios flashed, the spread spectrum option is hidden in C7H.

liakou wrote:
Well yeah, that is the solution, but unless you have a modded bios flashed, the spread spectrum option is hidden in C7H.

CHVII HERO
BIOS 2801
EXTREME TWEAKER \
DIGI + POWER CONTROL \
VRM SPREAD SPECTRUM \
DISABLED

allways fixed 100