cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of bios options.

Axaion
Level 8
Okay, So since i didnt find any other topic on this, that wasnt a reply in a thread, ill start one.
PLEASE ASUS, CAN YOU LET US HAVE PROPER FAN CONTROLS?, BEING FORCED TO JET ENGINE SOUNDS AT 75C IS NOT FUN.
Also, PLEASE, let -US- Choose wether we want Spread Spectrum and HPET.

You Literally Allow us to pump voltages and such into our CPU and DRAM, mess with bclk and so on, that can and will kill hardware if you mess up too much.

But you wont allow us to tune fan speeds, disable HPET, or spread spectrum because "reasons"?

Come on, make your customers happier with adding 15+ year old features.

Thanks for reading, please dont ignore us.
7 REPLIES 7

Filters
Level 9
yep like immediatly right now
Top of the top and we still have this problem ...

Axaion wrote:
Okay, So since i didnt find any other topic on this, that wasnt a reply in a thread, ill start one.
PLEASE ASUS, CAN YOU LET US HAVE PROPER FAN CONTROLS?, BEING FORCED TO JET ENGINE SOUNDS AT 75C IS NOT FUN.
Also, PLEASE, let -US- Choose wether we want Spread Spectrum and HPET.

You Literally Allow us to pump voltages and such into our CPU and DRAM, mess with bclk and so on, that can and will kill hardware if you mess up too much.

But you wont allow us to tune fan speeds, disable HPET, or spread spectrum because "reasons"?

Come on, make your customers happier with adding 15+ year old features.

Thanks for reading, please dont ignore us.

Filters wrote:
yep like immediatly right now
Top of the top and we still have this problem ...

What boards do y'all have?

Apart of shamino, they know nothing. HPET on bios and OFF from windows doesn't disable it completely (just try with some HPET programs, like hwinfo or ryzen master)
Other boards have the options, asus just does not want to work, we are always the last in getting bios updates and they are basically non existant on forum.
Just move on, go gigabyte it's the new premium manifacturer for ryzen ^^

Synoxia wrote:
Just move on, go gigabyte it's the new premium manifacturer for ryzen ^^

I use both brands, and while my Gigabyte board runs extreme well I really hate it's bios layout. Asus has the most user friendly bios, even if it's very far from perfect.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

TaijRai wrote:
What boards do y'all have?

Crosshair VII Non-Wifi, I know you make a modded bios, and im going to try it tomorrow (scanning a new hdd for errors currently)
But we shouldent even have to rely on the (awesome) Community to fix what the company that releases the boards refuse to

I figured making a thread might make them read or react to it, instead of completely ignoring any posts in other threads asking for the same thing

Axaion wrote:
Crosshair VII Non-Wifi, I know you make a modded bios, and im going to try it tomorrow (scanning a new hdd for errors currently)
But we shouldent even have to rely on the (awesome) Community to fix what the company that releases the boards refuse to

I figured making a thread might make them read or react to it, instead of completely ignoring any posts in other threads asking for the same thing

I agree we should not have to but TBH it has been that ways for a couple of decades not just with ASUS but others as well. I have been bios modding for near that long now to make them work the way they should.

However back then it was easier and harder as we did not have flashback but there was so much less that needed to be done. I even remember hot flashing bios chips I bricked using dental floss to pull the good chip out while at the a dos prompt and putting in the bad flashed bios chip.

Filters
Level 9
Rox strix X470-F