cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just updated to the latest BIOS and now the machine won't post

Daisy81
Level 7
I updated the BIOS released May 2019. Now the memory that I was running at 3200MHz since July of 2018 has now stopped posting. It doesn't help that the update cleared all of my saved profiles so I have to go through everything again!

But now the machine won't even post at 2400MHz for the memory. How is this a improvement for memory support?! I have to write this from my other MSI based X99 machine I had doing bitcoin mining.

Please for the love of god ASUS fix the memory profiles because right now I feel like selling the board and getting something else because this is outragous.
23 REPLIES 23

Daisy81 wrote:
I didn’t think to try that. I’m not willing to flash back to try again. I’m going to keep mine at the July 2018 build because I know it works with my memory. This version for me was quite solid. It is supremely disappointing for the bios to have degraded so much. Wen it comes time to upgrade I think I should consider another brand.

But you still have the fan header issues? If so, you can push reset button on the back side of the board and pull the battery and pull the power cord from the psu and push power button for +-5 sec so the capacitors are completely empty and no current is in the board. Than put everything back and see how that goes.

It did help me on my Ch6 and it got rid of the problem for a while but it came back because its an BIOS/Sensor issue which cannot be solved 100%.

I agree, i don't think Asus is stepping up, its getting worse rather. When i had my Ch6 we had Elmor (Jon) that helped us over at Ocn but now no one is there and there is no communication at all both on here and on ocn..

This was my last ROG product and i hope others don't bother with ROG again too.

Hurricane28 wrote:
But you still have the fan header issues? If so, you can push reset button on the back side of the board and pull the battery and pull the power cord from the psu and push power button for +-5 sec so the capacitors are completely empty and no current is in the board. Than put everything back and see how that goes.

It did help me on my Ch6 and it got rid of the problem for a while but it came back because its an BIOS/Sensor issue which cannot be solved 100%.

I agree, i don't think Asus is stepping up, its getting worse rather. When i had my Ch6 we had Elmor (Jon) that helped us over at Ocn but now no one is there and there is no communication at all both on here and on ocn..

This was my last ROG product and i hope others don't bother with ROG again too.

No my fans run fine. However there is the issue of monitoring the sensors. There is a sensor that will cause the system to just shut down randomly.

Daisy81 wrote:
No my fans run fine. However there is the issue of monitoring the sensors. There is a sensor that will cause the system to just shut down randomly.

Weird, does this happen on all the BIOS's? Is it not because of overheating or anything?

What monitoring software do you use?

Hurricane28 wrote:
Weird, does this happen on all the BIOS's? Is it not because of overheating or anything?

What monitoring software do you use?

I honestly didn’t check on later bios versions. The price is way too high if it was fixed because I went from stable at 3200MHz to unstable at 2400MHz memory bandwidth.

It’s not overheating or power related. For the longest time I thought it was because the board was drawing too much power on individual rails and the power supply was shutting down. Then I dropped crazy money on a Corsair AX1600i and it was still doing it. I tracked the power and it was shutting down while the power supply was at optimal loads.

There was a thread here about a year ago discussing the issue and it said the programs like ai suite and hardware info are looking at some particular sensor and it throws a error and the board cuts power. So I just leaving the monitoring software open all the time and simply check every now and then.