cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just updated to the latest BIOS and now the machine won't post

Daisy81
Level 7
I updated the BIOS released May 2019. Now the memory that I was running at 3200MHz since July of 2018 has now stopped posting. It doesn't help that the update cleared all of my saved profiles so I have to go through everything again!

But now the machine won't even post at 2400MHz for the memory. How is this a improvement for memory support?! I have to write this from my other MSI based X99 machine I had doing bitcoin mining.

Please for the love of god ASUS fix the memory profiles because right now I feel like selling the board and getting something else because this is outragous.
23 REPLIES 23

amadeus1171 wrote:
Have you tried it? I tried it and it keeps telling me 2303 and below bios' are invalid.

And yes, I extracted it from the zip. And yes, I tried both the bios update tool and the pushbutton in the back (changing the name to C7HWIFI.CAP), and yes, the FS on the thumb drive is FAT32. The only bios it will accept for upgrade is 2304.

I suspect it has to do that 2304 being double the size of all other bios'.

Replied above, it's a mess

goon666 wrote:
Replied above, it's a mess

I put a technical service message, and suggest we all impacted do the same so it is fixed ASAP.

goon666 wrote:
I put a technical service message, and suggest we all impacted do the same so it is fixed ASAP.

Managed to revert back by removing the Graphic cards, then pressed clear cmos (while booting) :confused: ....

then flashbios button worked.... how bizarre

Back with bios 1201, will go up in versions to see when did it start to not work....since this bios version is lame with my 4 dimm set of ram.

edit:So stay with 1201 if you use virtualisation and dedicated CGs.

I guess it is not asus related but AMD related since I've seen other posts about the same issue with MSIs and gigabyte (only they were easier to downgrade).

Yet it is a big flaw

goon666 wrote:

How did you do that? I'll do it.

Daisy81 wrote:
How did you do that? I'll do it.

The URL is like this:
https://www.asus.com/support/Product/ContactUs/Services/questionform/

Yes please do it

goon666 wrote:
The URL is like this:
https://www.asus.com/support/Product/ContactUs/Services/questionform/

Yes please do it

Done

It didn’t amount to anything. The guy said he was looking into it and to wait 24 to 48 hours then today I got a survey because they closed the ticket. I would hope understandably so I nuked them in the survey.

If the issue with the memory was AMD this issue with reverting and the lack of service is ASUS. I’m done with both companies. AMD won’t have the crown for long anyways.*

Daisy81
Level 7
As an update I tried the latest firmware and the memory management wasn’t resolved at all. I am resolved at this point to forget about ryzen3 on the current board. I flashed back to (off the top of my head, i’ll Confirm when I get home) 0804 July 2018 and my machine posted with my memory at 3200MHz on the first try.

Now I just need to dial the machine back in for optimal performance while stable. If I upgrade to Ryzen3 I’ll buy a new board or different RAM.

Hurricane28
Level 10
Did you guys try to push the reset button on the back of the board and pull the BIOS battery before flashing to other BIOS?

I recall that it solved some problems of mine as Assus is too lazy to code properly so if you push reset button it sometimes doesn't fully "reset" everything and pulling BIOS battery does wipe everything.

I also had lots of issues with newest BIOS and imo its not worth flashing them as they are getting worse and worse with BIOS since Elmor left Assus ROG..
If you have 2000 series CPU i suggest you guys to flash 1103 or 1201 as those are the last "optimized" BIOS for 2000 series, anything after that is a cluster **** of problems.

Hurricane28 wrote:
Did you guys try to push the reset button on the back of the board and pull the BIOS battery before flashing to other BIOS?

I recall that it solved some problems of mine as Assus is too lazy to code properly so if you push reset button it sometimes doesn't fully "reset" everything and pulling BIOS battery does wipe everything.

I also had lots of issues with newest BIOS and imo its not worth flashing them as they are getting worse and worse with BIOS since Elmor left Assus ROG..
If you have 2000 series CPU i suggest you guys to flash 1103 or 1201 as those are the last "optimized" BIOS for 2000 series, anything after that is a cluster **** of problems.

I didn’t think to try that. I’m not willing to flash back to try again. I’m going to keep mine at the July 2018 build because I know it works with my memory. This version for me was quite solid. It is supremely disappointing for the bios to have degraded so much. Wen it comes time to upgrade I think I should consider another brand.