cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to wake my pc up by using bluetooth mouse/keyboard?

tungd00927
Level 7
hello!
i am using x570 VIII wifi and connecting to bluetooth keyboard and mouse from apple (magic trackpad and magic keyboard)
but i have an issue that i cannot wake my pc up from sleep using the above 2 devices,
i did search in bios there is no such option
i also have a msi motherboard which has the exact wake by usb device function in bios, and it works perfectly (msi b450i ac)

have anybody facing this?
and if not, how do you get around this?
3 REPLIES 3

Braegnok
Level 14
When you were in your BIOS did you check Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration, there should be a tab for USB power delivery in soft OFF state (S5) with a drop down menu, can you confirm this feature is Enabled.

There is also a Windows setting to wake up a sleeping computer with Bluetooth mouse or keyboard. Open the Keyboard control panel item, click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties. Click the change Settings button. Click the Power Management tab, and than verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled. Click OK, and then click OK again.

Hope this helps.

Braegnok wrote:
When you were in your BIOS did you check Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration, there should be a tab for USB power delivery in soft OFF state (S5) with a drop down menu, can you confirm this feature is Enabled.

There is also a Windows setting to wake up a sleeping computer with Bluetooth mouse or keyboard. Open the Keyboard control panel item, click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties. Click the change Settings button. Click the Power Management tab, and than verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled. Click OK, and then click OK again.

Hope this helps.

hi, i did everything just like your suggestion, but yet still no luck 😞

Generally the Apple Keyboard & Mouse wasn't designed to work with anything but Mac, did you have any issues installing the Utilities software? The mouse and keyboard will work without the software, but you will not have access to all features. Have you successfully paired the device on your PC, does your PC have Bluetooth or are you using an adapter.

Seems with the Utilities software installed, and once you pair the two devices to your PC you should be good, and have full access to all features including wake from sleep option.

Sorry I can't help, but perhaps the Apple software is not fully compatible with Windows 10.