cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent No Display and No POST on ASUS X570-P

nocarolinhr478
Level 7
Hello,

I wonder if anyone has any ideas as i'm running out of things to try. I recently purchased a new system, specs below, which would about 50% of the time not POST or give any display output (fans on/lights on etc). When it does boot it runs perfect and stable with good scores.

Most usual remedies, such as turning off fast startup, clean install and format of all drives, BIOS restart/clear, removing peripherals, plugging directly into the wall rather than the multi-socket seemed to make no difference. Hardware wise all usual tests such as MEMtest as well as swapping RAM to different slots or only running one seem to make no difference either. The system was RTM who swapped out the motherboard and restarted it multiple times and sent it back however the same fault has popped up again in the days after starting to use it again.

Any ideas?

I'm left with the idea it could be a power cycling issue (windows power plan?) as the only discernible pattern i could figure out was that the board was giving out USB power to mouse/keyboard even with ErP disabled/enabled. The only other thing i've come across on many forums is RAM/SOC voltage settings but messing with them is outside my comfort zone.

Any winning fix and ill send you a pizza

SPECS

Asus PRIME X570-P (BIOS 1405)

EVGA RTX2080 SUPER BLACK

2TB Sgate 2.5FCuda ST2000LX001

2 x 16G CorsVengLPX DDR4 3200

650W Corsair RM650X ATX PS

AMD RYZEN 9 3900X

Corsair H100x CPU Cooler

500GB Ssung 860 EVO 2.5 SSD SA

Samsung 500GB 970 EVO PLUS
12 REPLIES 12

nocarolinhr478 wrote:
Thanks for replying

Can you just attached any other 4 pin or do i need to switch out for another PSU? But i still dont see why this would be intermittant, surely it would boot or not boot and when it was RTM they put it on a rebooter for 50x without fault. Its only since returning and having full power cycling that the error has re-appeared.

Yes to latest bios 1405.

Intermittent wise, about 1 in 4 times, if it powers on normally, big fan woosh then settle, BIOS screen with USB mouse/keyboard light up. If it stalls, fans light and everything run normally but no usb power, no display output (hdmi or gpu).

I found a few similar threads that talk about RAM voltage and SOC as the fault.

can you set CSM are enable in bios?
and make sure legacy & uefi, not legacy only

Athalayogi wrote:
can you set CSM are enable in bios?
and make sure legacy & uefi, not legacy only

Have tried with CSM on and off. Set to uefi and legacy

I know this is old but if you are still having POST issues I would strongly suggest you upgrade to BIOS 2407 (2020/07/03).

This has an AGESA update which features "Improved DRAM compatibility". It solved a DRAM POST issue for me which I was having for months! 😄