cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inital install ffor Ryzen failed code 8???? What exactly does that point to?

os2wiz
Level 8
My local computer geek helped me with installation for my Ryzen 1800X on my ROG Crosshair VI Hero X370. The computer would not post and gave an error message of 08. I have never seen that code on previous ROG motherboard post errors. What exactly does "System Agent initialization after microcode loading" mean?
Everything seem to be connected properly. I need to narrow the source of this error. The bios never came up on the screen.
18 REPLIES 18

Raja
Level 13
Make sure that removing the backplate gasket doesn't result in shorting any of the components on the board. If it does, it could be fatal for the board or CPU. If that does happen, it is classified as misadventure and user induced damage, which isn't covered by warranty.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Make sure that removing the backplate gasket doesn't result in shorting any of the components on the board. If it does, it could be fatal for the board or CPU. If that does happen, it is classified as misadventure and user induced damage, which isn't covered by warranty.

The gasket is not being removed completely -- just the center portion. The outer portion still gives more than enough clearance. On the Crosshair board there are no mainboard components large enough to threaten that clearance.

Same issue here with mine. I found this and was thinking of cutting it to the same size as the metal bracket with the center square cut out also. Do you think it will work? Its non conductive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PPEW52/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MadHatter01 wrote:
Same issue here with mine. I found this and was thinking of cutting it to the same size as the metal bracket with the center square cut out also. Do you think it will work? Its non conductive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PPEW52/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Depends if it is firm enough to withstand pressure. Some thermal pads are soft.

MNMadman wrote:
The gasket is not being removed completely -- just the center portion. The outer portion still gives more than enough clearance. On the Crosshair board there are no mainboard components large enough to threaten that clearance.

This worked for me too. If it still won't post or show code 8_, try to lessen the pressure on the thumbscrews that go directly into the backplate. They just need to be slightly tightened, not fully rock solid.

I reassembled my PC with the middle gasket removed. Booted it up for the first time successfully, no issues. Then after a bit the BIOS froze with code 0d, I rebooted again and now it just shows 8?

How's this possible? How did you resolve code 8?

whynotryzen wrote:
I reassembled my PC with the middle gasket removed. Booted it up for the first time successfully, no issues. Then after a bit the BIOS froze with code 0d, I rebooted again and now it just shows 8?

How's this possible? How did you resolve code 8?

0d hints at memory. CMOS reset and try again. Stay on 2666 or below without touching BCLK for now.

Jeffrey_Hramika
Level 7
os2wiz wrote:
My local computer geek helped me with installation for my Ryzen 1800X on my ROG Crosshair VI Hero X370. The computer would not post and gave an error message of 08. I have never seen that code on previous ROG motherboard post errors. What exactly does "System Agent initialization after microcode loading" mean?
Everything seem to be connected properly. I need to narrow the source of this error. The bios never came up on the screen.

Had the same problem but not initially. I got my Code 08 after trying to get my memory OC to 3200. No matter what I could not get it to go away. Take your CMOS battery out and unplug your machine for 1 hour. After I did that everything rest. On your initial setup dont try to max OC memory just get basic speed going like 2133 than keep uping it. I got my 3200 to run @ 3000.

ealterry
Level 7
Sharing my alternative way to solved the q-code 8. I took out the original gasket(white with double side tape) from the original asus C6H bracket and installed it together with EK center rubber gasket to the motherboard. Make sure that the original gasket on the motherboard side. I removed the outer EK rubber gasket(not using). Just used inner rubber gasket. So far, my pc booting and gaming with it successfully. Hope this can give you guys some idea. cheers.