cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Have Questions-Complainings about ASUS C6H + RyZen PC Built. Thanks in advance.

sadaharu
Level 7
PeZzy wrote:
The Google doc has only a handful of people with BIOS 1401. At this point, I think most people know what they are doing.

Due to the recent Intel release, don't expect manufacturers to spend much time on Ryzen.

TOO LONG - SKIP THE (---------------) PART IF YOU DONT HAVE TIME.

I think that list and rymem.wraith are both outdated. But those lists give some good infos i mean like preview.

Well, a good-not crashing agesa 1.0.0.6 update is enough for now(if they ever gonna release). They said they would add 20 ram kits on the new QVL list. Middle june - end june (its 24th now)

In a few month later, i think with a new - better bios and also with the help of ram manu's and AMD's support , we will be able reach higher speeds , more stable systems, those Aura light things.

I need to make things clear. I only wonder when will be able to getting these updates before opening this thread.

I thought i can get an exact date for the updates. But i think that's the ASUS's way to handle things. I respect that.

But at least as a request (a nice one) can you write more explanations on the updates.

"Improves system ...bility." I think that is not a clear info. But you know the best. It s just a suggestion.

Also for other people i should make a suggestion.

Be a member of RyZen WatchDog. They send e-mails right after any kind of updates released.

That was helpful for beginners like me.

Another thing is as far as i learnt from reading other posts.

32gb 3200 mhz is still a problem to reach for people who dont know much about oc.

From rymem, some people reach 3200+ with some skillful overclocking wih Corsair Dominator 4x8 and G Skillb die chips.

But those ram kits are waaay expensive than the others. For me money is not a problem if i know that i can get those speeds but still expensive.

In my country our money is 3.5 times less valuable than dollar. And also we pay %18 perfent of taxes.

Unlike Japan or other countries, Turkey's economy is not very good. (1 dollar = 111 japan yen) (1 dollar = 3.5 turkish lira)

For example (the easiest way to explain maybe too easy) ;

If an american gets 1000 dollar from his job and paid for ram 200 dollar.

In here, we get 1500 Turkish liras for the same job but paid 200x3.5 + 200x3.5x%18 + seller's margin for the same ram. It is about 1000 Turkish liras.

So an american pays %20 perfent of his money and we need to pay %66 perfent of out money to get the same thing.

That's why i am very anxious.

You can say " then dont pay for those things - do something else. ". I can't. I like tech stuff, reading, buying things.

But thats is my biggest hoby and i get one shot before whatever i need to buy.

I think that is understandable before anyone tries to insult of attack me.

I am not an enemy of ASUS. My monitor is ASUS. My motherboard is ASUS. I love ASUS products. My new motherboards is ASUS. İ have plans to buy mice and keyboards and monitor from ASUS.

I am not enemy of AMD. Not an Intel fan. I love AMD because they are back and hit hard. Rivalry is GOOD for customers. And my gpu is AMD. So ?

Why some people feels like they need to defend some brands even trying to hurt people ?

Come on man ! How i become a narcissist just for asking questions ?

Whatever.

Thanks for anyone replies to this topic.

I get some good infos (still dont know its plural or singular).

I get some good insults also. But meeh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last thing is ;

I am gonna wait another week without tech stıff, swimming , travelling etc.

I am gonna wait to buy G Skill Flare X 32GB 3200 kits. If not works properly i am gona get G Skill Trident Z cl14 32gig 3200 mhz ones ( they look good btw)

I hope this agesa 1.0.0.6 update make things a lot easier , we get we want to accomplish.

I know you guys are working hard. I respect that. Customers like me will always complains about something.

I hope you dont get offended by anything i said and i hope you listen what we are saying without getting angry.

Again we have a huge respect for you guys.

Sorry for the long posts.

Have a nice day.

Edit : I have changed the original post with the last post. This is the last thing i ve written.
55 REPLIES 55

danjw wrote:
There is an anecdotal list here of what other users have managed with their systems: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YSZB70P71Kd4iAyxSpAZf0lc2GmyALKJOQ7vA1MhV2s/pub?output=html&... . Elmor, set it up; people are contributing their results. There are a number of 32GB kits, some of which have been gotten to 3200 MHz. Caveat is that not everyone will be able to do what these people have managed.

Something that anyone looking at overclocking a system, has to realize, is that it is a silicon lottery. Some get really good pieces of silicon, others don't.

F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR
CMK32GX4M4B3600C16
F4-3200C15D-32GVK
F4-3866C18Q-32GTZ
F4-3200C14D-32GVK
F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR
F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR

Not much people managed hitting clean 3200 with 100 blc.

Most of the kits are stuck at max 2933 mhz no matter what you do.

Should i go for flare x 16gb 3200 ?

Will it be enough for the future 4K systems ? I mean 16gb ?

Most people said that that kit is highly compatible but not in the QVL list ?

Inside the QVL list there is 32GB one F4-3200C16Q-32GFX but it s not on salle on anywhere.

G Skill tech guy told me "motherboards cannot support it yet so you need to wait agesa update." in about middle april to buy those kits.

Here are some pics.

According to him/her buying ryzen 1st gen is a mistake at the beginning.

Another question is ;

How could you add something not on sale or not even producted on the QVL list ? F4-3200C16Q-32GFX 's are not existent. There is no ram such like that.

I mean it is a real question. I want to know. Sorry for my igrorance but i really dont know.

I am really confused guys. I really dont know what to think. Money is precious. I like AMD and ASUS.

Most of the time i feel like i wish i didnt buy those and go for Intel-nvidia. But also i dont like their toward-attitude to their customers.

So...

I just dont know... Maybe i am looking for someone to blame. (breaths heavily)

sadaharu wrote:
How could you add something not on sale or not even producted on the QVL list ? F4-3200C16Q-32GFX 's are not existent. There is no ram such like that.

Likely they were provided a sample but widespread production has not yet begun.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Sadaharu, if you need to buy something right now, you can choose a memory that is on QVL list that is currently available. Or, if you can wait, as Elmor pointed out, there is memory on the QVL list that G.Skill has announced but not released yet; So you could wait for that.

No, there aren't a lot of great options right now if you need fast memory. It is the state of the platform. Like others have said, it was the same when Intel released their Broadwell-X platform.

The third option, is to stick with your current memory and try to learn how to get it work best on the Ryzen platform. The AGESA 1006 RC4 official UEFI 1401 bios is available here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91766-Crosshair-VI-Hero-UEFI-build-1401 . RC stands for release candidate. I expect from what I have seen that it will not be the final, but it looks from what I have read to be close to it.

I am looking to build a Ryzen system myself, but I decided to wait until it had stabilized. It looks to me like it is getting close, but I am still waiting.

danjw wrote:
Sadaharu, if you need to buy something right now, you can choose a memory that is on QVL list that is currently available. Or, if you can wait, as Elmor pointed out, there is memory on the QVL list that G.Skill has announced but not released yet; So you could wait for that.

No, there aren't a lot of great options right now if you need fast memory. It is the state of the platform. Like others have said, it was the same when Intel released their Broadwell-X platform.

The third option, is to stick with your current memory and try to learn how to get it work best on the Ryzen platform. The AGESA 1006 RC4 official UEFI 1401 bios is available here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91766-Crosshair-VI-Hero-UEFI-build-1401 . RC stands for release candidate. I expect from what I have seen that it will not be the final, but it looks from what I have read to be close to it.

I am looking to build a Ryzen system myself, but I decided to wait until it had stabilized. It looks to me like it is getting close, but I am still waiting.

I think i could wait another week for new g skill ram or agesa update.

I would go for the first option.

Thanks.*

Johan45
Level 7
Unless you're heavily into editing, distributed computing or heavy memory related tasks you don't "need" 32 GB and yes on this platform currently that much ram is a proble at 3200 MHz. Many can make it work and with the newer BIOS it's easier and many kits are working just plug and play. iF IT WERE ME i WOULD BUY SOME g.sKILL 3200 cl 14 IN A 2X8 gb CONFIGURATION NOW AND "if" NEED BE ADD TO IT LATER. Oops caps lock. With that ram you should be able to put it in and set the DOCP for 3200 and it'll work.

SexyTerrorisT
Level 9
Well let me start by saying if you did in fact ready every post in this forum you would NOT be asking those questions. I specifically made a thread how to get 32 GB @ 3200 Mhz distilling information on overclock.net on the subject. Asus did not lie. You did.
As someone already said you don't want to do any digging on overclocking yet you want to run highly overclocked ram. You contradict yourself.
Most platforms during launch have issues : especially new architectures! Intel is really no exception to this. Just look at the mess X99 was and X299 is. And those boards cost a hell lot.
You sound like a typical narcissist distorting reality and blame other for you incompetence and laziness by using lies and deceit. News for you dude being an overclocker and early adopter not only requires money but also TIME. If you are not willing to put the time shut up and buy a 2 year old platform.

SexyTerrorisT wrote:
Well let me start by saying if you did in fact ready every post in this forum you would NOT be asking those questions. I specifically made a thread how to get 32 GB @ 3200 Mhz distilling information on overclock.net on the subject. Asus did not lie. You did.
As someone already said you don't want to do any digging on overclocking yet you want to run highly overclocked ram. You contradict yourself.
Most platforms during launch have issues : especially new architectures! Intel is really no exception to this. Just look at the mess X99 was and X299 is. And those boards cost a hell lot.
You sound like a typical narcissist distorting reality and blame other for you incompetence and laziness by using lies and deceit. News for you dude being an overclocker and early adopter not only requires money but also TIME. If you are not willing to put the time shut up and buy a 2 year old platform.

Thank you. Your post was very helpful.

You have answered all my questions.

And also you are a good person who insults someone looking for answers*

about *these oc - ram things,

which (me) he didnt know much , *

without reading his all posts in this thread.*

Thanks again. *

Please dont bother yourself posting again.

Other people need a hero like you who knows everything.

Perfect fanboing. 10/10.*

sadaharu wrote:
Thank you. Your post was very helpful.

You have answered all my questions.

And also you are a good person who insults someone looking for answers*

about *these oc - ram things,

which (me) he didnt know much , *

without reading his all posts in this thread.*

Thanks again. *

Please dont bother yourself posting again.

Other people need a hero like you who knows everything.

Perfect fanboing. 10/10.*

You are welcome, always obliged to help a humble and honest individual.

Seems the narcissist qualification really got under you skin. Probably not the first time you heard that.

If you don't like mud in your face avoid throwing some on other first. Especially if you are ignorant on the subject.

I did not know anything on the subject but I did research and actually read this forum and overclock.net thread about this motherboard before buying the product.

Ever heard the quote 'A fool and his money are easily parted'?

I am no fanboy or hero. have bought more products from intel in the past and some from Gigabyte. Just found your post revolting.

Elmor and Raja from asus have gone to great lengths on these 2 forums to address and help many persons on this issues.

Unlike you just because i did not find all my answers in a sticky decided to create a thread to focus on the subject to share what I managed to find and encourage other to do the same. That not really heroic just not selfish.

You can found the answers you seek on the post which is still in the first page. I just wasn't compelled with your attitude to repeat myself to you.

Don't worry wont bother replying this thread any further or addressing you flattering sarcasm.

SexyTerrorisT wrote:
I did not know anything on the subject but I did research and actually read this forum and overclock.net thread about this motherboard before buying the product.

To be fair, a lot of people aren't aware of this lesson until they've been burned at least once by a new platform. Growing pains and silicon lottery aren't features hardware manufacturers advertise and it's not necessarily intuitive that rated speed could actually be an overclock.

That said, now he knows the score. Not really any point to continuing to beat this horse anymore. You've both taken your shots so it's time to move on.

Thank you
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
To be fair, a lot of people aren't aware of this lesson until they've been burned at least once by a new platform. Growing pains and silicon lottery aren't features hardware manufacturers advertise and it's not necessarily intuitive that rated speed could actually be an overclock.

That said, now he knows the score. Not really any point to continuing to beat this horse anymore. You've both taken your shots so it's time to move on.

Thank you

i didnt take any shots or insult anyone. He called me fool and narcissist and some more other things.

All i did is replying kindly.

But as a moderator you are treating us like we said same things.

Ok. It is fine. Then as a nice person gone crazy i should say :

"i dont want this idiot (the language he understands) replies any of my posts."

I said my command of the english language is not very good and also i said i am sorry if i offended anyone Like hundred times before.

Can anyone tell me how can i block this arrogant little fart ?

Thanks for anyone tries to help me all the 5 pages long.

You can ban-block me if you want. I used bad words for someone doesnt even deserve to reply.

My mistake.

Again. Sorry.**

Edit : i found the add ignore list thing. Thanks again.