cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Have Questions-Complainings about ASUS C6H + RyZen PC Built. Thanks in advance.

sadaharu
Level 7
PeZzy wrote:
The Google doc has only a handful of people with BIOS 1401. At this point, I think most people know what they are doing.

Due to the recent Intel release, don't expect manufacturers to spend much time on Ryzen.

TOO LONG - SKIP THE (---------------) PART IF YOU DONT HAVE TIME.

I think that list and rymem.wraith are both outdated. But those lists give some good infos i mean like preview.

Well, a good-not crashing agesa 1.0.0.6 update is enough for now(if they ever gonna release). They said they would add 20 ram kits on the new QVL list. Middle june - end june (its 24th now)

In a few month later, i think with a new - better bios and also with the help of ram manu's and AMD's support , we will be able reach higher speeds , more stable systems, those Aura light things.

I need to make things clear. I only wonder when will be able to getting these updates before opening this thread.

I thought i can get an exact date for the updates. But i think that's the ASUS's way to handle things. I respect that.

But at least as a request (a nice one) can you write more explanations on the updates.

"Improves system ...bility." I think that is not a clear info. But you know the best. It s just a suggestion.

Also for other people i should make a suggestion.

Be a member of RyZen WatchDog. They send e-mails right after any kind of updates released.

That was helpful for beginners like me.

Another thing is as far as i learnt from reading other posts.

32gb 3200 mhz is still a problem to reach for people who dont know much about oc.

From rymem, some people reach 3200+ with some skillful overclocking wih Corsair Dominator 4x8 and G Skillb die chips.

But those ram kits are waaay expensive than the others. For me money is not a problem if i know that i can get those speeds but still expensive.

In my country our money is 3.5 times less valuable than dollar. And also we pay %18 perfent of taxes.

Unlike Japan or other countries, Turkey's economy is not very good. (1 dollar = 111 japan yen) (1 dollar = 3.5 turkish lira)

For example (the easiest way to explain maybe too easy) ;

If an american gets 1000 dollar from his job and paid for ram 200 dollar.

In here, we get 1500 Turkish liras for the same job but paid 200x3.5 + 200x3.5x%18 + seller's margin for the same ram. It is about 1000 Turkish liras.

So an american pays %20 perfent of his money and we need to pay %66 perfent of out money to get the same thing.

That's why i am very anxious.

You can say " then dont pay for those things - do something else. ". I can't. I like tech stuff, reading, buying things.

But thats is my biggest hoby and i get one shot before whatever i need to buy.

I think that is understandable before anyone tries to insult of attack me.

I am not an enemy of ASUS. My monitor is ASUS. My motherboard is ASUS. I love ASUS products. My new motherboards is ASUS. İ have plans to buy mice and keyboards and monitor from ASUS.

I am not enemy of AMD. Not an Intel fan. I love AMD because they are back and hit hard. Rivalry is GOOD for customers. And my gpu is AMD. So ?

Why some people feels like they need to defend some brands even trying to hurt people ?

Come on man ! How i become a narcissist just for asking questions ?

Whatever.

Thanks for anyone replies to this topic.

I get some good infos (still dont know its plural or singular).

I get some good insults also. But meeh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last thing is ;

I am gonna wait another week without tech stıff, swimming , travelling etc.

I am gonna wait to buy G Skill Flare X 32GB 3200 kits. If not works properly i am gona get G Skill Trident Z cl14 32gig 3200 mhz ones ( they look good btw)

I hope this agesa 1.0.0.6 update make things a lot easier , we get we want to accomplish.

I know you guys are working hard. I respect that. Customers like me will always complains about something.

I hope you dont get offended by anything i said and i hope you listen what we are saying without getting angry.

Again we have a huge respect for you guys.

Sorry for the long posts.

Have a nice day.

Edit : I have changed the original post with the last post. This is the last thing i ve written.
55 REPLIES 55

purecain
Level 9
when I first set up my c6h, it gave me electric shocks. I knew I was going to have trouble with this setup. 1rma later and my new c6h worked!!!!!
so now actually being able to get into the bios I was faced with the dividers only offering up to 3466mhz, I think it was.
I had spent £270 on G.Skill Trident rgb 4266...B-Die. the maximum speed I could set at first was 3200mhz on bios 1002. the 3200mhz kit would of saved me 100pounds, yet no one from AMD or ASUS bothered to include in the marketing info that their ddr4 controller had problems with anything above 3200mhz.
9945 offered me 3466mhz and if I care to waste time out of my life I could probably get them to an unstable 3600mhz.... so for me, I was just shocked at how AMD's implementation of DDR4 in 2017 was worse than on any intel board ever created in 2014. THIS is why most of us are pissed off with the initial performance and compatability of ddr4 on this chipset.
so amd have literally put everything into getting you to buy the chipset. after that your on your own. because as raja stated we shouldn't of been foolish sheep jumping on the bandwagon. I don't think i'll ever forget that statement.
so we are left to beta test this board for amd/asus literally.
what we figured out for ourselves with a little help from the asus guys shamino and co, led us down the route of stability testing our ddr4 dims using procODT
as amd wasn't able to do this themselves before release.
then the people with single sided Samsung B-die based dims started to have some success. with most kits hitting 3200 as standard... my own had hit 3200mhz initially before being able to select the 3466mhz divider.
hence the recommendation to buy B-die memory.
once the system is up and running it has good performance, so lucky for amd it is actually worth it to sit and learn all about the cpu/chipset options in bios
so in the OP situation, I would read up on procODT. 86ohms is the standard setting for the line(I think). my b-die wanted 60ohms.
you also need to read all about the cpu architecture so you can see the part infinity fabric plays .
learn how to use p-states to overclock as well as baseclock overclocking. theres a good days worth of reading.
I have just bought some more g.skill trident rgb 3466mhz. it should be here in a couple of days. i'll let you know how that kit fairs compared to the first set... my new kit comes from the same batch of chips GTZR so I have high hopes. I'm going to try them on their own and then in with the other kit after flashing them to the same bin... memory from the same batch usually has the same tolerances... as long as your ram is Samsung b-die single sided you shouldn't have any problems hitting 3200mhz.
if you get stuck with your build just post the problem here and I'm sure between myself and a couple of other experts we will be able to get you up and running.
maybe even pm all your problems to Raja aswell... >edit this is meant to be a joke!
don't forget to learn how ddr4 works from Wikipedia .. this will help you to understand some of the bios options.
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal

Johan45
Level 7
It seems to me you have a real issue with the fact that YOU bought 4266 ram and then blame it on the manufacturers for lack transparency. That's actually quite laughable. Never once has anything over 2666 been "officially" supported by AMD it was all over the place. Now some board manufacturers add the ability to get 3200 (OC) that's overclocked not officially supported or guaranteed. The onus here falls on you for being overly optimistic or lax in your research prior to ordering that expensive ram.
The only difference between it and say the kit you just ordered is XMP and quality of the IC. They both have samsung "B" die so will both behave roughly the same with the better stick enabling some tighter timings. I never once expected my 4266 ram to hit 4266 it's a limitation on the Ryzen IMC and just isn't going to happen but I did manage some decnt clocks with them.

purecain
Level 9
the point is ddr4 isn't new. I'm sure my reasoning will make more sense to you once you've grown up little man. as this is my actual experience with the hardware and seen as how ive built hundreds of pc's my opinion tends to be on point. but my problem is with some ram I spent blah blah blah... I actually picked the ram up for cheap, but there will be hundreds if not thousands of people who did spend a lot of money on that ram who will be upset that they wasted the money. i'll be building another pc soon and i'll be able to use that ram to its fullest potential on that rig so I'm not too bothered. but then I can afford to waste money on hardware, hence this whole build. I give asus and amd a hard time because I want them to do better. asus is my favourite motherboard manufacturer and I want to support AMD. you carry on telling them how great they are. i'll keep telling them the truth.

edit/ and the OP is having a hard time, that's why I go on about having to rma my board, but it all came good in the end... but you think I'm moaning ha ha... don't be such a troll. what I post is my business rohan. how does your post help the OP??????

just re-read your post, clueless... cant be helped.

what exactly are you showing us with your base clock oc ...lol is that going to help the original poster... no....
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal

Johan45
Level 7
Ah, nice and out come the insults, whatever man. You can think what you like but in the time it took you to post that previous rant I can actually tune a system. I don't need someone to blame for my shortcomings. As for the OP I was just trying to point out there are some who visit this forum who DO know what they're doing and CAN help. Others just come to complain. Here's another shot of some super cheap Hynix based 2x8 3000 CL 16 running 3200 stable. You see those who can, do. Those who can't just blame someone else.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Actually, Johan, you started the aggressive posting. Purecain is right: ASUS and AMD should have been able to read the XMP and set up the memory controller from day 1. Their web page for the board makes it sound way more capable than it was and IS right now. You are just part of the "blame the user" mentality that most aggressive fan-boi's or folks with issues (not sure which you are) bring to the table in these discussions.

Both ASUS and AMD misrepresented their products from day one, no denying that. Your entire argument, and dare I say attitude, are pure BS.

Have a nice day!
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnants wrote:
Purecain is right: ASUS and AMD should have been able to read the XMP and set up the memory controller from day 1.

Hello

XMP is an Intel memory specification which AMD has not stated they have embraced. Anyone thinking that XMP would be plug 'n play on an AMD platform and then whining because the results are not what was wrongfully assumed probably should not be assuming the role of a system integrator.

Johan45
Level 7
Seriously, he starts with a rant about his memory that was never supported blame ASUS and AMD for that, basically tells the OP he needs to do hours of homework if he ever wants to run his Ryzen then takes a poke at Raja which he later ( a day) edited as being a joke. How is that constructive. I politely tried to point his finger back where it belonged for his headaches. I don't post in here a lot but I have seen very similar posts from Mrcain and it's usually just him complainng about his problems with ram he never should have bnought and that's somehow someone else's fault. Give me a break. The worst I said in my post was this
The onus here falls on you for being overly optimistic or lax in your research prior to ordering that expensive ram.
That statement is 100% true, not an insult just a fact.
ASUS specs from their page for the CHVI https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/specifications/

AMD Ryzen™ Processors
4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3200(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
AMD 7th Generation A-series/Athlon™ Processors
4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
** Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
And these types of slides have been seen all over since the Ryzen launch, do you see 4266 support on there?

Johan45 wrote:

That statement is 100% true, not an insult just a fact.

Don't buy it. Your tone was belittling.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Hello also

1.0.0.6 AGESA implemented the same timing parameters as are stored in the XMP profile of the DIMM's. Manually entering that data allows many "non QVL" RAM to operate.

Your argument seems silly considering the implementation of the new parameters. WHATEVER you choose to call it, the parameters defined by the XMP profile in the stick are what's needed to get RAM working.

I and many others have simply copied the parameters into our new 1.0.0.6 registers to get our memory up to the "rated" overclock.

I stand on what I said and ASUS should be reading the RAM and setting up the parameters in the XMP profile automatically.

Johan45
Level 7
You must have good ears.
I and many others have simply copied the parameters into our new 1.0.0.6 registers to get our memory up to the "rated" overclock.

I stand on what I said and ASUS should be reading the RAM and setting up the parameters in the XMP profile automatically.

But that's not the full profile. By enabling the XMP there are timings you have "0" control over which are being set for the ram but will not work with the CPU/chipset. That's how I set the Hynix in that last pic I posted. Set primary timings and lest the board do the rest after it was successful I tweaked from there. Enabling the DOCP would work sort of but wasn't stable at all in testing there was something not playing well in the mix.