cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero VII Pstate Oc/ing issues

Ken429
Level 7
Trying to post a copy from notepad. All I get is an Access Denied message and the forum goes away? What am I doing that it don't like? Thanks in advance. Twenty plus views and no guidance! I'll try attaching the Notepad document ans see if that works. It did not work either. Goodbye ROG Forum!
6 REPLIES 6

Zefram
Level 10
Probably because no one understands the correlation between your thread title and what you're asking. Ask a clear question detailing your issue and you might get better help.

I have a .txt file and and/or a .docx file describing what I have run into when trying to OC the Hero VII/2700X system. I really don't want to retype all of the information. How do I get it to be uploaded and accepted by this forum?! What format will the forum accept?

Ken429
Level 7
There you go! .jpg files are accepted. Appreciate comments on what others have encountered when trying to OC and the system state (CPU multiplier and Vcore) when idle.

Ken429
Level 7
There you go! .jpg files are accepted. Appreciate comments on what others have encountered when trying to OC and the system state (CPU multiplier and Vcore) when idle.

gupsterg
Level 13
The bouncing voltage at stock is normal.

The ~1.5V you are seeing at idle must be when a single/low thread count load occurs, CPU may be boosting to ~4.35GHz, hence uses higher voltage.

Under IBT you see ~1.25V as all / high thread count load occurs, CPU will not be boosting to ~4.35GHz, so uses lower voltage.

CPU temperature on Ryzen is not an averaged result of all dies sensors. There are 20 on die sensors, some rotation goes on which is displayed plus highest value is given precedent to be shown. So some bounce, odd behaviour compared to say other systems is expected.

When Ryzen is pushed +25MHz over base clock, in your case 3.7GHz it will enter OC mode, VCORE will go to ceiling voltage of PState 0.

I would change only PState 0, leave CPU Core Voltage on defaults on Extreme Tweaker page, adjust VID in PState 0, make sure Global C State control is set to [Enabled] in ZEN Common options menu, you should see VCORE/MHz downclocking even with OC'd PState 0.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

Ken429
Level 7
Thank you for the response.

I think I did all the stuff you suggested and I understand what is going on when the system is left at default settings per my comments in previous post. The system down clocks the CPU and lowers the voltage when idle - all good. I even understand why the Vcore jumps to ~!.45V when one core is running at the max. AMD Ryzen Master shows all this this very clearly.

BUT... the part you did not address is why the BIOS on the HeroVII/2700X system locks the Vcore when the FID in Pstate0 is changed and only adjusts the CPU multiplier when the system is not fully loaded or idle.

Since this is an ROG forum I won't go into the fact that the Taichi X370/1700X does just the opposite - which is even more confusing!