Did you mean: 

Help with my G skill F4-3600C18Q

joonsetsfire
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well and safe.

I need some help with these RAM.

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-64gb-...82E16820232869

This build was my first ever so when it booted up the first time and ran butter smooth, I was quite happy.

I use this machine to do 3D work and GPU rendering in Cinema 4D and Houdini, I play bannerlord II sometimes but that's about it. So, 90% of the time, this machine is for work, not games.

One day I was checking task manager and saw that my memory was running 2133, I started googling and found out that I have to use DOCP thing on my motherboard.

So I go into bios and turn on DOCP and change to 3600 and FLK to 1800 and everything else in AUTO, it booted into Windows but in like 5 minutes, it had to restart because windows detected something. Hmm..so I google a little more and use DRAM checker thing and manually typed in timing according to that checker.

Then it won't even post, I had to clear CMOS to take the BIOS to where it was before, and being the first time builder, that experience was quite horrible lol

Honestly, I don't care if it runs at 2133 because it's pretty damn fast already but I'd still like to get what I paid for or...would I even benefit from my RAM running at 3600 if I'm not a gamer?

The error code I was getting was first F9 and when I did restart, it was 22. I left the machine on for quite some time with error code 22 but nothing happened other than black sceen.

I don't know if it matters but this is what I have in my machine.

3900X
2080TI
2 x Samsung m.2 drives(1TB each)
1 SSD(2TB)
750 Evga PSU
ASUS Rog strix x-570e gaming BIOS 1407 at the time overclocking the RAM.

If anyone has identical set up, would you please let me know how to set my RAM up?

I realize how lengthy this post is lol Sorry!
8 REPLIES 8

skellattarr
Level 10
the link on the memory didn't work so I don't know which ones you got but most of the time if the ram did not say compatible with AMD that means it is for Intel and you would have a problem with it. make sure when you buy memory it says compatible with AMD.
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case

You may need to bump RAM Voltage up to 1.36 or 1.37 from the "stock" 1.35 that DOCP loads. Auto settings for everything else RAM wise are fine and DOCP timings should be fine since you're just trying to run the stock 3600 timings.

Also, make sure BOOT Voltage for RAM (can't remember exact name, but it is diffferent than just RAM Voltage setting) is set to like 1.4 as sometimes they need a bit extra to boot up with proper timings for the board to get it right.

XIIIIX
Level 7
Had the mobo before, with a lot of MEM-OC problems.
B-Die 4x 16 only reaching 3200 C15-16-16-15-36.
Switched to the Formula, and could go up to 3600 C16 without to much fiddling.
Hynix 4x 16gB with C16-19-19-19-36 1T makes it to 3666 without any problem
or voltage bumps. VDDG manual to 0,95 and VDDP to 0,9 is all.

Good luck finding the sweet spot,
XII

For some reason, it was difficult to get back onto this forum. Had to keep logging on 😞
Anyways I haven't dealt with it yet out of fear lol but I got this Dram checker thing and I guess those are the numbers I need to type in manually.
But do I type every single numbers or the first 4-5 numbers that are timing?
And apparently I have Hynix...and don't know what that means either lol

Thanks everyone for replies!

joonsetsfire wrote:
For some reason, it was difficult to get back onto this forum. Had to keep logging on 😞
Anyways I haven't dealt with it yet out of fear lol but I got this Dram checker thing and I guess those are the numbers I need to type in manually.

Type in all the values from calculator... usually they are a little bit conservative but it's better to have a stable configuration.
Also consider that a 64Gb config nees usually more relaxed speeds/timings... I have 32Gb (4x8Gb) and managed to get it to 3600 CAS 14, not sure it's as easy with 4x16Gb.

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

joonsetsfire wrote:

Gor you`re 4x 16Gb Hynix, first manually set you`re volts.
Soc to 1,05
VDDG CCD 0,95
VDDG IOD 0,95
cLDO VDDP 0,90

Mem settings:
Power down - Disabled
Gear Down - Disabled
CMD - 1T

Manual MEM-speed @ 3200 and write down you`re timings.
Save it to one of you`re memory profiles, and start working from there.
Starting suggestion -

tCL - 16
trcdw 19
trcdrd 19
trp 19
tras 39 - Dont go below 36 as it requered CLearCMOS for me
trc 86 - Dont go below 68 as it requered CLearCMOS for me
trfc 643 - Dont go below 562 as it requered CLearCMOS for me

Above should give you a nice starting point 🙂
DRAM-calc helped a lot, but some of the suggested timings where to tight for my setup.

Again: Good luck
XII

Thanks!

I was able to run it stable at 3200 at 16-19-19-39
Not sure how much the new RAM setting has to do with but all the benchmarks have been upped by 10% ish!
I think 3600 is asking too much at this point and I’m pretty satisfied with 3200.

Thanks again!