cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! 5600x high idle temperatures

nri_tech1183
Level 7
Guys I'm quite very much annoyed due to very high idle cpu temps at stock on my Ryzen 5600x.

My setup:
5600x @stock/ / on Latest bios
Asus strix B550-F Wifi
G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB
Nvidia 3070ti

Bios displays stock idle temps as 63c but when booted to windows it shows 81c in Ryzen tool and core temp.

Many guys here own 5600x so would like to know their idle temps and what exactly they did to lower it down to under 30s or even less.

I'm sure there are specific bios settings to considerably reduce the temps.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
My guess would be that your CPU cooler has a bad mount. What kind of cooler are you using?

If you remove the cooler and look at the pattern of the thermal paste you can see if it flattened out evenly and covered the whole CPU heat spreader. If it's not a thin even layer that feels like the cooler is suctioned to the CPU when you remove it then something went wrong. Make sure your mounting is tight as well.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
My guess would be that your CPU cooler has a bad mount. What kind of cooler are you using?

If you remove the cooler and look at the pattern of the thermal paste you can see if it flattened out evenly and covered the whole CPU heat spreader. If it's not a thin even layer that feels like the cooler is suctioned to the CPU when you remove it then something went wrong. Make sure your mounting is tight as well.

The laws of physics may apply. 🙂