cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has asus abandoned their own forums?

Demoniacstar
Level 9
i want to know why every thing i find for this board is on overclock.net first?.....not one person working on these bios ever post anything on these forums anymore
why must i get my information from overclock.net ....why is this forum not the base of operation and first hand information on new bios and new test bios?
even people without Ryzen systems Troll people on overclock.net.......and the people here are all so mellow and less dramatic then everyone i see leaving BS comments and posts on overclock.net !!!
this is a much better place to chill and read stuff...looks better to!
10 REPLIES 10

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Yeah, they don't want these forums to show the problems we're having right? Oh wait, that's all there but it shows them not answering.

I'm baffed, man.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Basically Yes

alexjames
Level 7
I'm very new here and yeah I've noticed nobody from Asus is responding to any of the threads. Pretty disappointing especially as overclocking Ryzen is so fiddly.

JustinThyme
Level 13
This is an ASUS supported forum, not an ASUS support forum. There are a few reps that poke in here and there but for the most part its the same as anywhere else, just users helping other users. Note the lack of ads here. Note that when you go to OC.net there is an ASUS banner there as ASUS sponsors that website. If you find that there is little activity on your hardware that simply means there are few if any users that have the same hardware.

Pull up a chair and start the discussion.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
This is an ASUS supported forum, not an ASUS support forum. There are a few reps that poke in here and there but for the most part its the same as anywhere else, just users helping other users. Note the lack of ads here. Note that when you go to OC.net there is an ASUS banner there as ASUS sponsors that website. If you find that there is little activity on your hardware that simply means there are few if any users that have the same hardware.

Pull up a chair and start the discussion.

That's an interesting distinction and one I'd not even thought of. I'm not sure it would occur to a lot of people... including me apparently.

It makes more sense in light of what you've said.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

upsnef
Level 8
generally some Asus people answer questions here like Raja and other

but keep in mind they also work on special big event like CES or Computex
believe me its very time consuming, give them some time and they will back and start answering again to some questions

Korth
Level 14
Demoniacstar wrote:
i want to know why every thing i find for this board is on overclock.net first?.....not one person working on these bios ever post anything on these forums anymore
why must i get my information from overclock.net ....why is this forum not the base of operation and first hand information on new bios and new test bios?
even people without Ryzen systems Troll people on overclock.net.......and the people here are all so mellow and less dramatic then everyone i see leaving BS comments and posts on overclock.net !!!
this is a much better place to chill and read stuff...looks better to!

Why "must" you get your information from overclock.net? There's lots of good info there, but also - as you point out - lots of bad information and trolls and drama which won't help your Ryzen work any better.

I won't defend ASUS, since I agree that their activity on their own official/support ROG Forum is generally unimpressive.

Fortunately, some members here (like Chino) are expertly knowledgeable.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Bahz
Level 12
It's not true, ASUS reps do look on the forums here. The traffic here in comparison to OCN is much lower and since R&D resources are limited so they need to pick one place to get direct feedback as quickly as possible so that the official version can be released.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Well you have that right -- at nearly 1700 pages that thread over on overclock is a monster to follow. You guys have your work cut out for you keeping up with THAT, lol.

I'm one of your biggest critics and maybe one of the most desirous of working solutions at the same time. Good luck. Still waiting for that RGB fix...