cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone found the WIFI AC M2 Module for this board?

kapows
Level 7
So I got the non wifi version. Silly me.

Does anyone know if that silly little module that sits at the IO ports is available to buy in the UK anywhere?

Or is there an upto date DIY method?

Cheers
5 REPLIES 5

Big_Gray
Level 8
kapows wrote:
So I got the non wifi version. Silly me.

Does anyone know if that silly little module that sits at the IO ports is available to buy in the UK anywhere?

Or is there an upto date DIY method?

Cheers

Hey kapows,

Check back through old threads for details/links to possible suitable modules. Your not the first one to ask about this. Cant remember the details though, sorry!

kapows
Level 7
Hiya

I had a look at old threads and one guy who did a full write up but all the parts listed are not available on Amazon anymore. I've also read that more upto date modules are out which can be bought separately but I have no idea what module to buy as the person who posted it didn't mention the module name.

The post I was looking at was back in March so I was hoping there's a more upto date information available :S damn confusion damn Asus

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
I would just get a pcie card. Back when I was looking at this, the whole assembly process looked like a right pain in the backside.

I ended up buying an Asus pe-55bt-ac or something. Its an intel 8260-AC card on a breakout PCB.

I used the one from my previous board, the ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming.
It works perfectly.

slaphead54
Level 7
Intel 8260.NGW Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 Adapter, M.2 PCIe 2230, a/b/g/n/ac, 2x2 AC Terminals, BT4.2, No vPro
plus 2 x IPX MHF4 to SMA female Pigtail Adaptor 15cm Pigtail Cable for M.2 wireless card .
Google it and you will find a supplier