cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI: Corsair products are still bugged in CH7 BIOS 1201.

Stalkholm
Level 7
A problem was introduced in the 1103 BIOS that causes Corsair products to misbehave. In my specific case my h150i cooler will repeatedly connect and disconnect, flipping from being a generic USB port to being recognized as a Corsair h150i and back again, over and over. I'd hoped that 1201 would have fixed the problem but that doesn't seem to be the case. (I'm also experiencing extreme mouse lag and hangs in BIOS in 1103 and 1201, anybody else?)

Forum user Arcanjo_Gabriel is having the same problem I am, and chose the same solution:

Same probleme. Reinstalling Last bios firmware

Dicehunter is experiencing problems with his Corsair Vengeance ram:

After a fair bit of testing I can confirm that the latest 1103 bios for the Crosshair VII Hero WiFi ...

bkgolden is also having problems with his Corsair ram:

Like the title says, Corsair iCUE no longer detects my Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16...

As are several others in that thread. I guess I'm the only person experiencing issues with the h150i specifically, but my problems started at the same time as everybody else's did. Could it be something with Corsair Commander or link or whatever it is maybe?

The iCUE software has been updated since the 1103 BIOS were released and the problems still remain, so whatever the problem is Corsair seems not to be able to program around it.

For the time being I'm rolling back to 1002, which was the last stable BIOS for me, and wait in hopes of a new release. Fingers crossed maybe the next next update will fix the problem.
14 REPLIES 14

KillerGamerCat
Level 7
I have been in contact with Asus for a month and I just got this issue fixed by them sending me a beta BIOS (0061). They will release the BIOS to the public with the bug fix soon.

KillerGamerCat wrote:
I have been in contact with Asus for a month and I just got this issue fixed by them sending me a beta BIOS (0061). They will release the BIOS to the public with the bug fix soon.

thank the lord, been doing my head in

KillerGamerCat wrote:

Thanks. I've been waiting a long time for this. Curiously, Corsair released a new iCUE update (3.13.94) that "Resolved an issue with RGB DRAM detection and configuration with newer AMD platforms and Intel X299." I was going to test the iCUE update, but I'll wait for the new BIOS.

bkgolden wrote:
Thanks. I've been waiting a long time for this. Curiously, Corsair released a new iCUE update (3.13.94) that "Resolved an issue with RGB DRAM detection and configuration with newer AMD platforms and Intel X299." I was going to test the iCUE update, but I'll wait for the new BIOS.

Installed the update, RGB works in Icue now on bios 1201

DJ Asthma wrote:
Installed the update, RGB works in Icue now on bios 1201

Thanks, worked for me as well.