cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan tuning rant

FlufflePuff1337
Level 9
My fans have build in fan stop below 500 rpm why is it that i cant tune my fans to go below 20% and they get set to minimum 28% while if i do not tune them 20% works perfectly fine, like why is there a minimum limit anyway put that minimum limit on the middle fan speed and max fan speed rather where it actually makes sense, if my system is cold i want all my fans to run as low as possible or not to keep dust intake to a minimum, Asus is making this imposible, let alone that they read feedback at all never have i had response oh yeah makes sense should probably do that nope, total ignorance next mainboard is defiantly not gonna be an Asus board, this is ridicilous there like no control at all my fans work better without calibration then with wtf is this, minimum rpm setting is also completly ignored why even have such option.
2 REPLIES 2

Braegnok
Level 14
Hello,

Percentage and fan speed cannot be calculated. Every fan responds to PWM signal in their own way. Even if their speed range was identical, one fan can run 1200 @ 20% and another fan run 1200 @ 40%.

If you are having issues with fan speeds not going as low as you would prefer after you have run optimization procedure,.. I would reset the BIOS to default values and then configure the fans using the manual curve you want with the minimum you want and then try it. With some fans the motherboard optimization procedure is not accurate and tends to not allow you to run fans at less than 30% + - afterwards due to issues with stalling or they have trouble starting.

You can also try running fans in DC mode, or using a fan controller,.. Q-Fan is nice when it works as you want, but it's not perfect for every combination.

Good luck, hope this helps.

I think you completly missed the point here, i cannot adjust below 20% the only way i could do that is attach one of my noctua calibrate with that fan then remove it again and attach fans i use again, there should be no limit this has nothing to do with adjustments or every fan being different, mine stop spinning below 500 rpm which is normal, its build in feature but cos of this bios calibration insist on setting minimum to 28% after calibration disabling this feature, bios should not dictate how i run my fans, i am gonna keep ranting UNTIL THIS ****ING CRAP IS FIXED.

Until then **** you Asus you have horrible bioses horrible software my next board wont be from asus anymore **** YOU!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...