cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EZ-Flash not working

anagram
Level 7
Hi,

I have the Crosshair VII Hero mobo and I am trying to flash the BIOS. I made sure my USB is in FAT32 format and placed the cap file in it. When I go to load the file in EZ Flash, it tells me that it isn't a proper BIOS. I am at a loss and I can't figure out why it wont read it.
17 REPLIES 17

anagram
Level 7
Renaming it doesn't work. I tried the internet update but it just gives me no internet connection multiple times. BUT, somehow this time it worked and it updated the bios so that's a win. However, should I be concerned about the manual way not working? Could there be something wrong with the mobo itself? I was this close to returning the board back.

Nate152
I don't think there is a problem with the motherboard since it did update the bios.

Maybe trying other usb ports might work.

anagram
Level 7
I have tried multiple ports as well. I guess i'll submit a ticket to asus, linking them to this thread and see what they say. Maybe there is an issue with the file from the download itself and hopefully that is the case. It isn't entirely impossible since it's just after release. Thanks for all your help!

Nate152
You're welcome

That's a good idea, I'd be interested in what they have to say.

nimer
Level 7
When I first tried to update my bios on my crosshair 6 hero I made the mistake to think the bios of the "crosshair 6 hero" was the same as the "crosshair 6 hero (Wi-Fi AC)". That's why I was getting that the selected file was not a proper bios.

Maybe you are making the same silly mistake.

nimer wrote:
When I first tried to update my bios on my crosshair 6 hero I made the mistake to think the bios of the "crosshair 6 hero" was the same as the "crosshair 6 hero (Wi-Fi AC)". That's why I was getting that the selected file was not a proper bios.

Maybe you are making the same silly mistake.

That might actually be the reason it couldn't read it. I'll be sure to remember this the next time I need to do a bios update!

AlexB121 wrote:
Pm me ill help u out i just did it on one of my pc its not hard ill set u up make sure u have a flash drive and ill set up up over remote desktop

Thanks for the offer but after many tries for the internet method, it finally worked.

I have the same problem with the CH VII WiFi, didn't want to read the file off the USB stick. The only way to get the latest BIOS was via Internet.
I'm interested to see what the support replies to your request..

AlexB121
Level 7
Pm me ill help u out i just did it on one of my pc its not hard ill set u up make sure u have a flash drive and ill set up up over remote desktop