cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet LAN cant be found

qtqc1
Level 7
Hello everyone. I am having an issue I cant resolve. I have an Asus Hero VII which updated the bios and the intel lan driver. Now it says there are no connections available in the network area. It wont connect to the internet. When I manually try to install the driver from the asus website, it says no Intel Adapters are present in this computer. Before the update the network worked fine. I tried flashing the bios back to an earlier version still the same. What is more weird is I installed a PCIE ethernet card and it wont read that one either.
Anyone help please, tried evertything
17 REPLIES 17

Frostie36 wrote:
Having the same issue with the lan although for me it only happens if memory training occurs (i.e. if I alter the memory speed etc) and I have to power off the board and power back on to get the ethernet port working again but it's been fine ever since as I haven't altered any memory frequency hence no memory training is occurring.

Thats interesting, maybe I will check my memory.

Frostie36 wrote:
Having the same issue with the lan although for me it only happens if memory training occurs (i.e. if I alter the memory speed etc) and I have to power off the board and power back on to get the ethernet port working again but it's been fine ever since as I haven't altered any memory frequency hence no memory training is occurring.

I have had the same issue today with a different board, a X470-I. In my case both LAN and WiFi devices disappeared. After powering down and turning on, the devices are visible and working again.

Stellarspace
Level 7
Have you tried using Drive Booster to install the latest drivers?
I recommend using the automatically update your drivers tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Frostie36
Level 7
So I ditched my corsair lpx 3200mhz I was running and installed some gskill flare x 3200mhz modules this morning, so the board ran through the memory training and yet I had no issues with the lan afterwards, now that;s curious as I always had issues when any memory training occurred with the corsair modules.

rolldog
Level 9
Same issue here, but I’m running a Maximus IX Extreme. Everything has been working fine ever since I built this rig, but this past weekend, the Intel LAN controller no longer works. Thinking it might be a firmware issue, I upgraded my firmware to 1301, but this didn’t fix anything. I also uninstalled the Intel Network adapter, and the drivers, reinstalled the drivers,but it still doesn’t work.

The odd thing is my rig sees the network adapter, and if I go into the Intel LAN Utilities (the properties for the network controller) I can run a test on the network cable and a separate test on the network controller, and both tests pass. When I try to troubleshoot my network adapter, it tells me the network cable is unplugged, which is obviously wrong. If I plug the same network cable into my laptop, it works fine, so it’s definitely an issue with the Asus board and not necessarily a firmware issue since it wasn’t working on 1204 nor 1301. My WiFi still works, along with an Ethernet to USB adapter which I had laying around, but I can’t get the Intel network adapter on my MB working at all.

rolldog wrote:
Same issue here, but I’m running a Maximus IX Extreme. Everything has been working fine ever since I built this rig, but this past weekend, the Intel LAN controller no longer works. Thinking it might be a firmware issue, I upgraded my firmware to 1301, but this didn’t fix anything. I also uninstalled the Intel Network adapter, and the drivers, reinstalled the drivers,but it still doesn’t work.

The odd thing is my rig sees the network adapter, and if I go into the Intel LAN Utilities (the properties for the network controller) I can run a test on the network cable and a separate test on the network controller, and both tests pass. When I try to troubleshoot my network adapter, it tells me the network cable is unplugged, which is obviously wrong. If I plug the same network cable into my laptop, it works fine, so it’s definitely an issue with the Asus board and not necessarily a firmware issue since it wasn’t working on 1204 nor 1301. My WiFi still works, along with an Ethernet to USB adapter which I had laying around, but I can’t get the Intel network adapter on my MB working at all.

Same problem here! I thought it was just me, and I had a bad MB or something. Now that you mention it, my LAN port did stop working around the same time as the latest firmware update.

power1963
Level 7

I am having the same issue as well, but I am running the Asus rog Strix B550-E. Everything was working fine with my ethernet, then this past Saturday, I did a big upgrade to a Ryzen 9 5900x and added a Merc 319 RX 6950 XT GPU. Got everything running and no internet, except through my wifi. I go into my network and internet settings and there is no ethernet listed. I go into my device manager and there are no ethernet drivers listed under the network adapters...at all. It's like the ethernet has been totally ghosted on my system. When I went to Intel to D/L the drivers, and reinstalled them, it came back with the message there are no intel connections (or something like that) on my system. I checked the BIOS, and there were no changes in there. My bios is the most current and been like that for almost 2 years. I had to go out and purchase a USB 3 ethernet adapter to get it to work. This is the most bizarre thing ever. I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun to get my machine to recognize that I have ethernet capabilities, but it's like they don't even exist anywhere on my system. I am now wondering if, for whatever reason, the ethernet port itself somehow became inoperative or unstable or some other unexplainable reason. I am at a loss. Coincidentally, I am also having issues with black screening some games and intermittent sound issues when gaming. I'm thinking my motherboard is failing. What do you guys think?

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?