cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Resizable Bar - ROG Crosshair VIII Hero & ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

meerkat154
Level 7
Anyone have any luck enabling resizable bar on the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) & ROG Strix X570-E Gaming?
Crossfire motherboard is on BETA 3401, X570-E is on BETA BIOS 3603 and I have updated the eVGA 3090 OC to the latest BIOS which was just released today.
NVIDIA control panel shows resizable bar disabled.

Followed the steps here https://www.techarp.com/computer/guide-smart-access-memory/

Thanks
-Kat
14 REPLIES 14

mehigh wrote:
The current BIOS for your board is not supporting Resizable Bar. You'll have to wait for a new BIOS.

I'm sorry but is incorrect. It was added in the 3/10/21 (3302) BIOS. Also other Dark Hero owners have confirmed it's working. I actually was able to get it working today anyways. Ended up being firmware issues with my EVGA FTW3 Ultra that had been converted to a Hybrid. I downgraded back to original and let PX1 software update the video card again and it fixed it.

xLith wrote:
I'm sorry but is incorrect. It was added in the 3/10/21 (3302) BIOS. Also other Dark Hero owners have confirmed it's working. I actually was able to get it working today anyways. Ended up being firmware issues with my EVGA FTW3 Ultra that had been converted to a Hybrid. I downgraded back to original and let PX1 software update the video card again and it fixed it.

Sorry for not seeing that information in BIOS release notes. Glad that you made it work.

arcanexvi
Level 9
I don't believe the current bios allows 3000 series chips BAR support yet though.

Edit: Actually, I just double checked my settings and it's showing enabled now on my 3900x paired with a Hero VIII on 3402. Nice!

primeshooter
Level 10
meerkat154 wrote:
Anyone have any luck enabling resizable bar on the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) & ROG Strix X570-E Gaming?
Crossfire motherboard is on BETA 3401, X570-E is on BETA BIOS 3603 and I have updated the eVGA 3090 OC to the latest BIOS which was just released today.
NVIDIA control panel shows resizable bar disabled.

Followed the steps here https://www.techarp.com/computer/guide-smart-access-memory/

Thanks
-Kat

I keep hearing about this. But what is a resizable bar when it's at home?

primeshooter wrote:
I keep hearing about this. But what is a resizable bar when it's at home?

It essentially increases the size of the graphics frame buffer. Default is 256MB.
AMD analog is called Smart Access Memory, works the same way.

With Nvidia in certain games (17 so far) you get a nice bump in performance for free.