cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRAM light despite two mobos, two CPUs, four RAM sticks

Aren_Cambre
Level 7
I have two identical AMD Ryzen 5600G CPUs, four 8 GB RAM sticks, and two ASUS motherboards. No matter what combination of any of these I use, I get no response other than power on (motherboard-driven fans spin) and the DRAM light on the motherboard.

All these components are new in box.

The motherboards:

• TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (WI-FI)
  • PRIME B550-PLUS

The RAM:

• Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (8 GB x 2)
  • G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

Yes, the RAM is seated properly. I can reproduce with nothing connected to the motherboard except case (fan/switch/etc.) cables, CPU cooler cable, and main power-supply cable. I don't even have my m.2 drive connected.

I've tried paired combinations of RAM and all four sticks individually, in the gray RAM slot B2 (per instructions, that's where you put a single stick).

I am scratching my head. How could four brand new RAM sticks all be bad? If the problem is the CPU or motherboard, how could all possibly be bad?
1 REPLY 1

Aren_Cambre
Level 7
I found a second power connector that I completely missed. Hooking it up solves everything.

I used to be a VAR in the late 1990s, and my frame of reference is the single, large 24-pin power connector. I didn't realize these now have a second power connector!