cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOCP profile not sticking on x570 e mb. OC'd to 3600 mhz

Silycybin
Level 8
Hey, I need some advice on how to solve DOCP profile not sticking in my bios.

My setup:

x570-e mb , Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, G Skillz Trident rgb DDR4 3600 mhz 8gb x 4, bios 2606.

I enable DOCP 3600 mhz profile and I change the FCLK to 1800. Save and exit.

Computer boots and may work fine for a while but eventually when I turn it on it will double boot into safe bios mode and the overclock will revert back to auto (off). I can't get it permanently stick for more than a week or two .

I've tried newer bios but they are terrible, they keep causing BSOD crashes. 2606 seems to be the most stable.

Could the issue be density, having 4 sticks is too much for the memory controller to handle OC'd?

The QVL says my sticks are rated for 2 dimms but I thought this board could handle a OC profile for 4 dimms at the factory OC. Am I crazy to think that?

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello, you likely need to tune SOC voltage. Check what the auto rules are applying and then increase from there. The double boot is due to failing memory training as the overclock isn't stable.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello, you likely need to tune SOC voltage. Check what the auto rules are applying and then increase from there. The double boot is due to failing memory training as the overclock isn't stable.

I think I narrowed it down to the cold boot problem that affects x570 chips across all motherboard makers. I've seen some posts on reddit for Gigabyte that have the exact same problem. One day just randomly double boots and bios go back to defaults.

But I think your still right I can try increase the SOC. There isn't a value in my soc setting in bios.. should but lookin at hwmonitor its set to 1.087 so should i change it to 1.1?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

It's definitely memory training. A cold boot issue ranging across different vendors and boards is just users struggling to dial in memory kits to a point where they are stable enough to pass POST stress tests consistently. Try a value between 1.05 and 1.15v working up rather than down
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

It's definitely memory training. A cold boot issue ranging across different vendors and boards is just users struggling to dial in memory kits to a point where they are stable enough to pass POST stress tests consistently. Try a value between 1.05 and 1.15v working up rather than down

I manually set the memory with the DOCP settings and it seems to be stable for a few days now (knock on wood).
It boots up a lot faster which is a plus. If it double boots again I will increase the SoC to 1.1v and failing that I will update bios to 3405 since its the most recent stable release.

primeshooter
Level 10
Silycybin wrote:
Hey, I need some advice on how to solve DOCP profile not sticking in my bios.

My setup:

x570-e mb , Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, G Skillz Trident rgb DDR4 3600 mhz 8gb x 4, bios 2606.

I enable DOCP 3600 mhz profile and I change the FCLK to 1800. Save and exit.

Computer boots and may work fine for a while but eventually when I turn it on it will double boot into safe bios mode and the overclock will revert back to auto (off). I can't get it permanently stick for more than a week or two .

I've tried newer bios but they are terrible, they keep causing BSOD crashes. 2606 seems to be the most stable.

Could the issue be density, having 4 sticks is too much for the memory controller to handle OC'd?

The QVL says my sticks are rated for 2 dimms but I thought this board could handle a OC profile for 4 dimms at the factory OC. Am I crazy to think that?

Any suggestions?

Exact same issue here more or less. Very intermittent 0D q code on cold boots, ram light light and failed boot. Simple turn on and off and it works.

F4-3600C18Q-128GTZR - my ram, with a x570 E strix board and 3900X processor. I changed S0C from 1.1 down o 1.06250 and it's much more intermittent but still happens. Do I alter anything else to fix this? Isn't it weird how lowering the SOC helped, not increasing? Bit lost here...