cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DoAsus ROG strix x470 F MoBo audio jack support CTIA standard TRRS Jack

Nash007
Level 7
Hi All,

Does Asus ROG strix x470 F gaming motherboard audio jack support CTIA standard TRRS Jack ?
OR
What kind of audio jack male pin does it support ?
5 REPLIES 5

gupsterg
Level 13
I believe they are just ordinary 3.5mm jacks.

I plugged a set of LG Quadbeat 2 into the rear IO Line Out on ASUS Crosshair VI Hero and only the earphones worked. Mic, volume control and "function" button are not recognised.

I also tried a set of Kingston Hyper X Cloud headset into the rear IO Line Out on my ASUS Crosshair VI Hero. I took the separate earphone and microphone jacks and used the included Y connector to link them to rear IO Line Out on ASUS Crosshair VI Hero and only the earphones worked. Only way mic is recognised is by using appropriate jack with separated cables.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
I believe they are just ordinary 3.5mm jacks.

I plugged a set of LG Quadbeat 2 into the rear IO Line Out on ASUS Crosshair VI Hero and only the earphones worked. Mic, volume control and "function" button are not recognised.

I also tried a set of Kingston Hyper X Cloud headset into the rear IO Line Out on my ASUS Crosshair VI Hero. I took the separate earphone and microphone jacks and used the included Y connector to link them to rear IO Line Out on ASUS Crosshair VI Hero and only the earphones worked. Only way mic is recognised is by using appropriate jack with separated cables.

Wow ... thats a bummer... I think Asus seriously overlooked this... Not a good feeling after spending so much of $s ... :mad:

I was hoping TRRS jacks would be compatible with this MoBo... I guess I will have to use a dedicated mic now ...
Thanks for your reply...

xeromist
You just need to buy an appropriate adapter.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Yes ... Thank you ...

I seriously struggled with getting my earbud/mic headset to work on my ROG Zephyrus GM501GS (Win 10 Pro). You can read more about it here (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97401-GX501-Zephyrus-headphone-port-not-detecting-headset-...)

What I think worked was a combination of updating the drivers and enabling Sonic Studio 3. Anyway, earbud/mic combo mostly works now. There are some derpy situations when in-game or in zoom, where I need to close the application re-plug in my headset and then restart to get it working. But it's like 90% good...